- As low as $229/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- 1 total pets
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Free offsite parking
- Free toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Pet friendly
- Porch or lanai
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Spa tub
- Street parking available
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Welcome to the Sea Turtle Cottage, a private "dependency" bungalow under a grand magnolia tree bungalow in the heart of New Bern’s historic district. You’ll savor being within walking distance of downtown New Bern and it’s best eateries and attractions.
Take advantage of rare off-street parking in the historic district as well as a enormous, private backyard!
-- THE PROPERTY --
This property is ideal for families and couples wishing to brush up on some early American history but still be close to the handsome North Carolina beaches.
In addition to the refreshed interior and amenities, the property has off-street parking, complimentary EV charging, and a sizable backyard with fire-pit, overhead lighting, hot-tub, and seating. Great for unwinding or playing with dogs or kids.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Living Room: Queen Sleeper Couch
INDOOR LIVING: Wood floors, flat-screen Intelligent TV, sleeper couch, gas fireplace
OUTDOOR LIVING: Wonderful screened-in porch with walk-out to the cavernous backyard.
KITCHEN: Totally equipped, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker
GENERAL: Free toiletries, linens/towels, in-unit washer/dryer, ceiling fans, Wi-Fi, Intelligent TV, mini-split AC units in all rooms
PARKING: Driveway (2 cars), street parking (first come, first served)
*NOTE: This bungalow is located behind the owner’s 250 yr-old home in the heart of the historic district.
-- THE LOCATION --
HISTORICAL SITES: Tryon Palace (0.7 miles), Union Point Park (0.4 miles), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (4.8 miles), New Bern Firemen’s Museum (0.3 miles)
FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Neuse River (0.1 miles), Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (0.3 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (7.9 miles), North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores (42 miles)
AIRPORT: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (2.8 miles)
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this cottage is in the city center. Greater Good Art Gallery and Pepsi Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include B'nai Sholem Temple and New Bern Civic Theatre. Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total pets
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Our top Pamlico area vacation rental tips and tricks:
How to get the best rental value:
- Summer months are high season in New Bern. To get the best value, shift your family's Pamlico area vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer excellent temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer discounts for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, property management companies supply Pamlico area area visitor guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Pamlico area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to pick the best rental home:
- First, have your group commit to trip dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Sea Turtle Cottage - walk to everything! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Pamlico area rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly accessible on booking pages. If not, reach out to the host before you book the vacation home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to work out what configuration is right for your family.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges might be applied to your agreement.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Get the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your family's stay, note any problem areas during arrival. message the property manager right away to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Lock your rental property while you're out! Don't let burglars spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected all belongings. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, remember to take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Many rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.5 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.2 miles
- Cow Café - 0.2 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.2 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 0.2 miles
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.4 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.2 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.4 miles
- New Bern City Hall - 0.2 miles