- As low as $180/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- DVD player
- 2 per room (up to 20 lbs)
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fenced yard
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the bay
- On the river
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Welcoming dogs only
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1900 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
1880 historic home, entirely modernized in historic downtown adjacent to Tryon Palace gardens/stores/cafe. Home is all about comfort, southern appeal, modern amenities & has 4 gas fireplaces (living room, dining room, 2 bedrooms) a loft sleeps 3, eat in kitchen, charmingly furnished throughout. HDTV (2), high-speed Internet access supplied. All eateries/taverns/cafes conveniently walkable as is waterfront/marina. Golf is plentiful, boaters have 2 public boat launches within 3/4 mile. There are 2 porches and enchanting private fenced, landscaped backyard. Weather gets better & better after Labor Day, ideal for golfing, boating, fishing & cycling. Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Cape Lookout Nat’l Seashore, ponies of Shackleford Banks and Carrot Island within 40 mins. drive. Bird watching at Croatan National Forest, NC Aquarium, Core Sound Waterfowl Museum all close by. Come down, park the car, walk/bicycle everywhere, relax and be a townie for a week, month, season. Please take special note of pet restrictions. Weekly general cleaning for monthly rental is required and will be charged at time of reservation. Monthly units require damage protection by Vacation Rental By Owner, this charge will be reflected in your final quote. Reservations that include the third floor loft have a minimal surcharge.
About the Area
This vacation home is located on a river and in an area with great airport proximity. Tryon Palace and New Bern Civic Theatre are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at New Bern Grand Marina and Northwest Creek Marina. Traveling with kids? Consider Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and scuba diving nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling and horse riding.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 20 lbs)
Strategies for getting the perfect rental experience:
Sticking to your rental home budget:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in New Bern. To find the most suitable rental within your budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Look for your local Pamlico area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guides contain discounts for local shops and restaurants.
Make a plan and choose your prefectrental home:
- Start by selecting your trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Charming, warm & tranquil historic downtown New Bern home has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available online. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you reserve the property. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine which bed configuration is right for your family.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about pet restrictions before booking.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent lots of concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let burglars ruin your trip.
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to make sure you did not forget any personal items. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.9 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.0 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- Stingray Café - 0.3 miles
- Lawson's Landing Café - 0.3 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Cow Café - 0.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.5 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 0.7 miles
- John Wright Stanly House - 0.1 miles
- Birthplace of Pepsi - 0.4 miles
- Carolina Creations - 0.4 miles
- The Black Cat Shoppe - 0.4 miles
- Savi's Wine Shop - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Arts & Wellness Center - 0.1 miles
- Poor Charlie's Antiques and Flea Market - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Farmer's Market - 0.3 miles
- Armstrong Grocery - 0.4 miles
Ready to book Charming, warm & tranquil historic downtown New Bern home?Book Online Get Information Call: