- As low as $148/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Hair dryer
- Jetted bathtub
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Property does not allow children
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This private bungalow is located in the heart of historic New Bern and steps away from shopping, dining, and the waterfront. The bungalow sits on the property of the historic Coor-Cook residence (c. 1790), listed on the New Bern Architectural Walking Tour.
One bedroom with queen-sized bed. Full bathroom. Eat-in kitchen. Separate living room. WiFi.
-there is an active train track in Hancock Street. The train comes by most days and some nighttime. It does not blow a horn
-the bungalow sits next to our family residence which includes two very friendly cats who do roam the property.
-guests do not have access to the backyard of the main home; however, the bungalow has its own modest front yard space with a patio table and two chairs.
COMPLIMENTARY onsite parking!
Quaint historic bungalow in historic downtown New Bern. Constructed in 1850, the bungalow was originally a law office.
You will have access to the entire bungalow.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this vacation home is on the waterfront. New Bern Grand Marina and Northwest Creek Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Croatan National Forest and Union Point Park. Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the optimal Pamlico area vacation home experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal NC. Book your rental home in the Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your family qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Many rental management companies supply Pamlico area area visitor guides which will include money-saving deals, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Pamlico area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Finding the perfect rental home in the Pamlico area area:
- Select vacation week and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. The Cottage on Hancock - entire historic cottage has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before you book your home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask your host about pet restrictions before booking.
During your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Make a record of any issues with the property at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're away! Don't let burglars spoil your holiday.
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a great vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.3 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.2 miles
- Cow Café - 0.2 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.3 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.1 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Academy Museum - 0.1 miles