- As low as $122/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Close to skiing
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Property does not allow children
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1000 square feet
THIS HOME IS LOCATED IN THE HISTORIC GHENT NEIGHBORHOOD JUST A 10 MINUTE WALK TO DOWNTOWN.
GardenSea Cottage is a freshly modernized 1940's bungalow with handsome period details and hard wood floors. This striking bungalow is very clean and comfortable with two bedrooms, one bathroom (ceramic), living room with fireplace (no wood burning), dining room, brand new granite kitchen, and screened porch. The décor is calming featuring two of our favorite things gardening and the sea. There is also a huge yard with mulched patio and gas grille.
New Bern is a striking, historic, modest town. There are all of the historic sights, as well as, the natural beauty of the area. New Bern lies at the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers and just 45 min. from the ocean.
The area is great for art, music, and food, as well as, swimming, boating and fishing.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this vacation home is in the city center. Tryon Palace and Greater Good Art Gallery are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Water skiing and windsurfing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hiking and cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
How to get the best New Bern rental experience:
How to get the best value:
- In the Pamlico area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Summer is high season in New Bern. To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer great temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitors guides contain discounts for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Choose a group leader, select your dates, and choose a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. ~GardenSea Cottage~ Just a few blocks to downtown historic New Bern. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the host before booking your home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to work out what is optimal for your vacation family.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the property manager's information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many problems.
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Document any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your life at home. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a great vacation? Many rental management companies make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 0.9 miles
- Ghent Sandwich Shop - 0.4 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.8 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- El Taco Loco - 0.9 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.9 miles
- Sake Hibachi Sushi and Bar - 1.0 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 0.6 miles
- Tryon Palace - 1.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 1.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 1.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 1.5 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 1.5 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.6 miles
- Fort Totten Park - 0.4 miles
- Birthplace of Pepsi - 1.4 miles
- Carolina Creations - 1.4 miles
- Andrea's Attic Antiques - 0.5 miles
- Stand Up Outfitters - 0.5 miles
- Armstrong Grocery - 0.7 miles
- Fuller's Music - 0.7 miles
- Odham's Flower Shop - 0.9 miles
- Flythe's Bike Shop - 0.9 miles
Ready to book ~GardenSea Cottage~ Just a few blocks to downtown historic New Bern.?Book Online Get Information Call: