- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCome visit North Carolina’s first capital, New Bern, with a stay at this historic 2-bed, 1.5-bath home located in the heart of the city! This holiday rental puts you within walking distance of the area's main attractions; The Governor's Palace, The History Center at Tryon Palace and The New Bern Firemen’s Museum. Once you’ve had your fill of fun for the day, return to the home to appreciate the amenities of the living room, with copious seating and a Intelligent TV, or fire up the gas grille for a BBQ!
-- THE UNIT --
*NOTE: A separate owner's apartment is upstairs, with a completely separate entrance. The unit is rarely used, however, the homeowner may be present during your stay*
Suitable For Elderly | Central A/C | Free WiFi
This unit is just right for families and couples wishing to brush up on some early American history but still be close to the pretty North Carolina beaches.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds
INDOOR LIVING: Wood floors, flat-screen Intelligent TV, leather couch, antiques, formal dining room w/ 6-person table
OUTDOOR LIVING: Covered front porch w/ rocking chairs, back porch, backyard patio, gas grille
KITCHEN: Thoroughly supplied, stove, double oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, Nespresso machine, 6-person dining table
GENERAL: Free toiletries, linens/towels,in-unit washer/dryer, ceiling fans, bicycles
PARKING: Driveway (1 car), street parking (first come, first served)
-- THE LOCATION --
HISTORICAL SITES: Governor’s Palace (0.4 miles), Union Point Park (1.0 mile), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (5.2 miles), New Bern Firemen’s Museum (0.4 miles)
FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Bear Towne Escape Room (0.6 miles), Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (0.6 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (8.4 miles), North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores (42.3 miles)
BEACHES: Neuse River Recreation Area (13.2 miles), Circle Regional Beach (37.1 miles), Radio Island Public Beach (38.9 miles), Fort Macon State Park (39.7 miles)
GOLFING: River Bend Country Club (8.1 miles), Emerald Golf Club (5.1 miles), Taberna Country Club (5.1 miles), Carolina Colours Golf Club (7.5 miles)
AIRPORT: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (3.4 miles)
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it straighforward, we help you find a unit you adore, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No dogs and cats allowed
- No events, events or generous gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
- NOTE: A separate owner's apartment is upstairs, with a completely separate entrance. The unit is rarely used, however, the homeowner may be present during your stay
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation houses provide Pamlico area area travel catalogs which include deals, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of property management companies provide special discounts to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a certain experience that you are most getting excited about ? You should prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer their guests the option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the range and selection of short-term rental properties available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum getaway to fit their Pamlico area family, from restful condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners often choose management companies to assist with advertising, housekeeping and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you know where they should look.
Searching for and booking the right rental home:
Do you believe "New Bern Home w/Yard, Grill+Walkable Location" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read through this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Vacation Week
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Pamlico area you would like to browse, and the choose travel dates.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "New Bern Home w/Yard, Grill+Walkable Location" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your group searching for? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
In some cases the older generation has challenges with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Don't forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each rental property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when animals are added.
Where to Search
When the area, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the complete agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. If you find property damage, or if repairs are required call the rental manager without delay. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to verify no damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your stay? Virtually all rental property sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning is going to be quick. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.3 miles
- Bebop's Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Cow CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Academy Museum - 0.1 miles