- As low as $90/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Flat-screen TV with cable/satellite service
- Free toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Gas grill
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Street parking available
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 19601.1 sq ft (1821 sq m)
- Washing machine
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 19601.1 square feet
Come visit North Carolina’s first capital, New Bern, with a stay at this historic 2-bed, 1.5-bath home located in the heart of the city! This vacation rental puts you within walking distance of the area's main attractions; The Governor's Palace, The History Center at Tryon Palace and The New Bern Firemen’s Museum. Once you’ve had your fill of fun for the day, return to the home to savor the amenities of the living room, with ample seating and a Intelligent TV, or fire up the gas grille for a BBQ!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Suitable For Elderly | Central A/C | Free High-Speed WiFi
This property is ideal for families and couples wishing to brush up on some early American history but still be close to the striking North Carolina beaches.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds
INDOOR LIVING: Wood floors, flat-screen Intelligent TV w/ Roku, leather couch, antiques, formal dining room w/ 6-person table
OUTDOOR LIVING: Covered front porch w/ rocking chairs, back porch, backyard patio, gas grille
KITCHEN: Totally equipped, stove, double oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, Nespresso machine, 6-person dining table
GENERAL: Free toiletries, linens/towels,in-unit washer/dryer, ceiling fans, bicycles
FAQ: Cemetery across the street, owner on-site occasionally (separate unit)
PARKING: Driveway (1 car), street parking (first come, first served)
-- THE LOCATION --
HISTORICAL SITES: Governor’s Palace (0.4 miles), Union Point Park (1.0 mile), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (5.2 miles), New Bern Firemen’s Museum (0.4 miles)
FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Bear Towne Escape Room (0.6 miles), Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (0.6 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (8.4 miles), North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores (42.3 miles)
BEACHES: Neuse River Recreation Area (13.2 miles), Circle Regional Beach (37.1 miles), Radio Island Public Beach (38.9 miles), Fort Macon State Park (39.7 miles)
GOLFING: River Bend Country Club (8.1 miles), Emerald Golf Club (5.1 miles), Taberna Country Club (5.1 miles), Carolina Colours Golf Club (7.5 miles)
AIRPORT: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (3.4 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH US --
Evolve makes it simple to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family pets allowed
- No events, events or huge gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: A separate owner's apartment is upstairs, with a completely separate entrance. The unit is rarely used, however, the homeowner may be present during your stay
- NOTE: This home is located across the street from a cemetery
About the Area
This vacation home is located in New Bern. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Croatan National Forest and Union Point Park, while Tryon Palace and New Bern Firemen's Museum are cultural highlights. Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental booking tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your rental home budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of NC. Booking your vacation home in the Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Pamlico area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain offers and deals for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Selecting and booking your Pamlico area rental:
- First, have your family commit to trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. New Bern Home w/Yard, Grill+Walkable Location has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the host before reserving your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to determine what bed configuration is right for your family.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if a dispute is filed.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a great time? Most rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.3 miles
- Cow Café - 0.3 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Stingray Café - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.2 miles
- Cedar Grove Cemetery - 0.1 miles