- As low as $140/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In a rural location
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1620 sq ft (151 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1620 square feet
Access the Neuse River via community park at the end of the block or discover Historic Downtown (1 mile). Use our tandem bicycle to get around or try paddle boarding or kayaking on the river.
Ideal for singles, couples or families who want to relax on the porch and discover all New Bern has to offer. About 45 mins. to Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Swansboro and Oriental.
Sip coffee or wine on the front porch or back deck. Cook a gourmet meal in the completely equipped kitchen or grille out on the deck. Downstairs includes: sizable living room with Roku-equipped TV, dining area with plenty of seating, office with desk and printer, full kitchen with all amenities, washer/dryer and half bath.
Upstairs, the main bedroom features a king bed and sunny seating area to relax and read. The second bedroom has a queen bed and original, decorative fireplace. A full bath with walk-in shower is also upstairs.
Guests can access the entire home and outdoor areas including deck, firepit and seating areas. Room for three cars off street in driveway.
Check us out on Instagram @HeathHouse.NewBern.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this vacation home is in the city center and on a river. B'nai Sholem Temple and Tryon Palace are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best vacation property experience:
Sticking to a rental budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in New Bern. To get the best value, shift your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, , and reduced traffic.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property managers often offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, property management companies supply Pamlico area area visitor guide magazines that include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Pamlico area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your trip dates, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Historic Heath House steps from the Neuse River has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly accessible online. If they are not listed, email or call the property owner before you book the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or charges applied to your contract.
- Add the owner's phone number to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on good feedback to propel more bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.8 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.8 miles
- Cow Café - 0.8 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.9 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.9 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.7 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 1.0 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 1.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.8 miles
- Greenwood Cemetery - 0.3 miles