- As low as $138/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- In a rural location
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Lobster/crab pot
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1614.6 sq ft (150 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1614.6 square feet
Access the Neuse River via community park at the end of the block or discover Historic Downtown (1 mile). Use our tandem bicycle to get around or try paddle boarding or kayaking on the river.
Ideal for singles, couples or families who want to relax on the porch and discover all New Bern has to offer. About 45 mins. to Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Swansboro and Oriental.
Sip coffee or wine on the front porch or back deck. Cook a gourmet meal in the entirely equipped kitchen or grille out on the deck. Downstairs includes: enormous living room with Roku-equipped TV, dining area with plenty of seating, office with desk and printer, full kitchen with all amenities, washer/dryer and half bath.
Upstairs, the main bedroom features a king bed and sunny seating area to relax and read. The second bedroom has a queen bed and original, decorative fireplace. A full bath with walk-in shower is also upstairs.
Guests can access the entire home and outdoor areas including deck, firepit and seating areas. Room for three cars off street in driveway.
Check us out on Instagram @HeathHouse.NewBern.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this vacation home is in the city center and on a river. B'nai Sholem Temple and Tryon Palace are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Our top Rental property booking tips and tricks:
Money saving strategies:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental home up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal NC. Reserve your rental home in the Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines have money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- To start, have your group decide on trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Historic Heath House steps from the Neuse River has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available on booking websites. If not, email or call the property management company before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what is best for your vacation family.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
More tips for your visit:
- Add the host's information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would back home.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your family's stay, make a record of any problem areas when you arrive. Get in touch with the host immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an incredible source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected everything. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic stay? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.8 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.8 miles
- Cow Café - 0.8 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.8 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.9 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.9 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.7 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 1.0 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 1.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.8 miles
- Greenwood Cemetery - 0.3 miles