- As low as $165/Week
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- Iron/ironing board
- Laptop workspace
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- No pets allowed
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Street parking available
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 750 sq ft (70 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyImmerse yourself in the rich history of North Carolina's first capital when you book a stay at, ‘The Meadows Cottage,’ a 2-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental in New Bern! The attractively located abode is less than 3 miles from the area's top attractions like The Governor’s Palace or the History Center at Tryon Palace, and less than 7 miles from the Civil War Battlefield Park! When you’re not out appreciating waterfront stores and dining, get comfortable in the entirely remodeled home and relax by the fire pit!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Fenced Yard w/ Fire Pit | Entirely Renovated Interior | Free WiFi
This freshly refreshed home, 'The Meadows Cottage,' is ideal for modest families or groups of friends traveling to North Carolina to lounge on gorgeous beaches or broaden their knowledge of early American history.
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Living Room: Sleeper Couch
OUTDOOR SPACE: Private yard, wood-burning fire pit, gas grille
INDOOR LIVING: 3 Intelligent TVs, laptop-friendly workspace, dining table, board games
KITCHEN: Totally equipped w/ cooking basics, dishware/flatware, coffee maker, complimentary coffee/tea/snacks, spices, toaster
GENERAL: Washer/dryer, linens/towels, complimentary toiletries, central air conditioning, iron/board, laundry detergent
FAQ: Stairs required to access, pet fee (paid pre-trip)
PARKING: Driveway (3 cars), complimentary street parking
-- THE LOCATION --
HISTORICAL SITES: Governor’s Palace (2.3 miles), New Bern Firemen’s Museum (2.3 miles), Union Point Park (2.9 miles), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (6.8 miles)
FAMILY ACTIVITIES: Bear Towne Escape Room (2.5 miles), Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (2.5 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (9.5 miles), North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores (43.9 miles)
SAND & SUN: Neuse River Recreation Area (14.7 miles), Circle Regional Beach (38.8 miles), Fort Macon State Park (40.5 miles), Radio Island Public Beach (44.3 miles)
TEE OFF: Emerald Golf Club (3.2 miles), Taberna Country Club (6.6 miles), River Bend Country Club (6.6 miles), Carolina Colours Golf Club (9.1 miles)
AIRPORT: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (5.5 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it painless to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly w/ $100 fee (+ costs & taxes)
- No events, events, or huge gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: The property requires 2 steps to access and may be difficult for guests with limited mobility
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Pamlico area area traveller discount books which include promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, because this allows travelers to experience the very same terrific attractions with a generally significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get financial savings. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular types of guests. Event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. You'll receive the best value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or additional fuel.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and variety of short term rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be happy to know that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Do you believe "Updated New Bern Home < 3 Mi to Historic Dtwn!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Pamlico area vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Choose a Community and Date
Begin by deciding which particular area of Pamlico area you want to explore, and the choose travel dates.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Commit to a Budget
Does your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make certain each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What property features is the family looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property payment? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Do a few members of your group have special needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your best friend! Pet guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may eliminate a prospective rental property. Study your agreement thoroughly! Service fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular price, travelers have to pay local taxes when renting "Updated New Bern Home < 3 Mi to Historic Dtwn!", as well as any other fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage as soon as you arrive. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager without delay. This will protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Often, nearby properties are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes should be dealt with before leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to offer comments. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward regarding your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? Maybe everything was fantastic and you are all set to re-book the same rental home for next season. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 0.6 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.2 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ghent Sandwich Shop - 0.3 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- La Casetta - 0.4 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 1.9 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 1.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.1 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.2 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 0.7 miles
- Flythe's Bike Shop - 0.9 miles