- As low as $203/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- DVD player
- Table tennis
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Cabinet locks
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Computer monitor
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Electric car charging station on site
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Living room
- Local meal delivery service
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1700 sq ft (158 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1700 square feet
Pretty 3 bedroom, open floor plan, waterfront home in a peaceful gated community.
You can swim in the outdoor and indoor pools at our neighborhood recreation center, and appreciate cycling, kayaking, and fishing, all without leaving the neighborhood. You may also golf (and dine) at the 18-hole neighborhood golf course (green costs apply, see https://www.harbourpointegolfclub.com).
Downtown New Bern is about 6 miles from our home neighborhood, where you may tour Tryon Palace and other historical sites, shop the many stores (and an old-fashioned hardware store) and dine in the cozy downtown.
Atlantic Beach is less than an hour away.
The home has numerous living areas. First, there's a sizable living room with cathedral ceilings and comfortable couches where you can chat or watch TV. This room connects to a dining room, which is set up to seat 6 (an additional table leaf and chairs are available for a couple more.
Next is a sunroom with two couches and a wrap-around view of the waterfront (our favorite hangout in cold or wet weather).
Finally, there's a enormous covered screened porch to savor the water view and the breezes. This porch has lounge seating for 6-7 people, as well as a tall glass-top dining table with bar-height chairs that seats 4.
There are 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king bed and an en-suite bath with shower. It includes a walk-in closet, a desk and chair, and a chaise lounge. Sliding glass doors open onto the screened porch, which overlooks the water.
The second bedroom has a queen bed and a nice view of the water, and the third bedroom has a full sized bed and a twin bed. The latter two rooms share a full bathroom, with shower/tub.
All linens are supplied.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this vacation home is on the waterfront. New Bern Civic Theatre and B'nai Sholem Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Rental home booking tips:
How to get the best value:
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in the Pamlico area area. To book the largest rental within budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Pamlico area area visitors guides which will include special offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Pamlico area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking the right Pamlico area rental home:
- First, have your family decide on a vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Waterfront Home in New Bern Gated Community has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible online. Otherwise, call the property manager before reserving the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or costs could be applied to your contract.
- If there's a certain Pamlico area destination you crave, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Tips to have a great stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- Taqueria San Luis - 3.8 miles
- Carolina Grill - 4.1 miles
- BrÜtopia - 4.1 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 4.2 miles
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 4.7 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 4.9 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 4.9 miles
- Captain Ratty's Seafood - 4.9 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.7 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 4.8 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.8 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 1.1 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Battlefield Park - 3.9 miles
- BrÜtopia - 4.1 miles
- Galley Stores & Marina - 4.7 miles