- As low as $325/Week
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: WiFi
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Dining table
- DVD player
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Full-sized refrigerator
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Motor boating
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Pedal boat on site
- Pedal boating
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Refrigerator (full size)
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1550 sq ft (144 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyFrom its waterfront getaway to the wonderfully outfitted interior, this 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home is sure to be the cherry on top of any group’s visit to New Bern! Appreciate simple access to Historic Downtown, plenty of golf courses, and outdoor adventures courtesy of this vacation rental’s great location. When you’re not out and about, pour a glass of wine to savor on the deck or private beach. When the sun begins to set, head inside to appreciate a family movie or game nighttime!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Shared Outdoor Perks | 1,550 Sq Ft | 3 Mi to Historic Downtown New Bern
Sporting plenty of on-site relaxation and an ideal New Bern location, this 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom vacation rental has it all to ensure your time here is fun-filled and anxiety-complimentary!
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds
COMMON SPACE SHARED AMENITIES: Shared laundry machines, full-sized refrigerator, additional sink, toilet, charcoal grille, fire pit, boat dock, beach chairs, gazebo, horseshoes, cornhole, hammocks
INDOOR LIVING: Intelligent TV, open-concept interior, dining table, hammock
OUTDOOR LIVING: Furnished deck, gas grille
KITCHEN: Totally equipped w/ cooking basics & spices, drip coffee maker, toaster, knife set
GENERAL: Free WiFi, linens/towels, complimentary toiletries, trash bags, paper towels, hair dryer, iron/board, private washer/dryer, central heating & A/C
FAQ: Pet fee (paid pre-trip), stairs required to access home & waterfront space, additional rental on-site
PARKING: Driveway (4 cars), RV/trailer parking on-site
ADDT’L ACCOMMODATIONS: An additional 1-bedroom property for 6 guests is available on-site with a separate nightly rate. If you would like to reserve both units, please inquire for more information prior to booking
-- THE LOCATION --
OUTDOOR RECREATION: Union Point Park (3.3 miles), Creekside Park (4.1 miles), Lawson Creek Park (4.5 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (9.4 miles)
HISTORICAL SITES: Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (3.6 miles), Governor’s Palace/Tryon Palace (3.6 miles), North Carolina History Center at Tryon Palace (3.7 miles), New Bern Firemen's Museum (3.8 miles), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (5.2 miles)
GOLF: Taberna Country Club (4.5 miles), New Bern Golf & Country Club (7.3 miles), Carolina Colours Golf Club (7.4 miles)
AIRPORTS: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (2.6 miles), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (132 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it painless to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly w/ $ 75 fee (+ costs & taxes)
- No events, events, or sizable gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: This property sleeps 6 guests in beds with room for 2 additional guests on a queen-sized air bed
- NOTE: The property requires stairs to access the interior and waterfront space and may be difficult for guests with limited mobility
- NOTE: An additional 1-bedroom property for 6 guests is available on-site with a separate nightly rate. If you would like to reserve both units, please inquire for more information prior to booking
- NOTE: This property shares the dock, boat slip, kayaks, pedal boat, gazebo, hammocks, fire pit, horseshoes, cornhole, picnic tables, and complimentary laundry facilities with another unit on-site
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with special packages for accommodations, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Would like to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak times provide remarkable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discount rates. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity you are most getting excited about during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most interested in.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Pamlico area group, from quiet condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "NEW! ‘The Grey Goose’: Waterfront Home with Beach", read through our brief collection of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Pamlico area rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of families choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can often be tricky between family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will begin to fall in place.
Pick a Size
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be aware that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
The majority of rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you only want a rental home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a dog? Although a number of rentals allow animal friends, rules and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be controlled. Study your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
The best places to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest opportunity for a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read Through The Contract
Read the whole contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard fee, travelers will have to pay state taxes when renting "NEW! ‘The Grey Goose’: Waterfront Home with Beach", along with various other additional fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental property sites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest regarding your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? With a little luck everything was perfect and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to refine your search next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÜtopia - 1.9 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.9 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 2.0 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 2.0 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 2.0 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.3 miles
- BrÜtopia - 1.9 miles