- As low as $84/Week
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 3
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 250 sq ft (23 sq m)
About this PropertyPrivate Tiny House located right at the heart of the Downtown Historic District. Walk to many eateries, bars, the Tryon Palace and the waterfront. Private separate entrance from the rear yard and can be accessed anytime with a key code. Living space, kitchenette (no cooking) and bathroom on first floor with queen bed upstairs in open loft setting. The loft bed must be entered from the foot of the bed. Parking available on site. Modest couch opens up for twin bed for additional sleeping area. The space is most comfortable for 1 or 2 people. Well behaved family pets okay. Beach cruiser bicycles available.
All surfaces are wiped clean with bleach spray and anti viral cleaning products.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and rental houses supply Pamlico area area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the property management company and the vendor itself. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, because this allows travelers to take advantage of the very same attractions at a typically significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from packed areas and save some money? The off-peak seasons may offer amazing rates on daily rentals.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat guests to the same vacation home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are basically designed to serve specific clients, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly matches your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the range and variety of short term properties available in the Pamlico area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Pamlico area are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Below are great tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Tiny House Downtown New Bern" is the best rental property for your upcoming vacation? Read through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area vacation homes are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of properties, we advise searching and reserving your Pamlico area rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Consensus can often be complicated between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Try to remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure "Tiny House Downtown New Bern" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking a costly rental. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group looking for? Do you primarily want a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Often times the elder generation has problems with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your companion! Even though a number of rental homes allow animals, rules and fees vary per property. A number of limitations may eliminate a prospective rental. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
After the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest chance for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. This may protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, decks, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental websites seek comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they love their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience that can help with your next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.3 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.1 miles
- Bebop's Cafe - 0.1 miles
- Cow Café - 0.1 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.2 miles
- Baker's Kitchen Restaurant & Bakery - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.0 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.1 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.4 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.4 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.0 miles
- New Bern Academy Museum - 0.1 miles
- Attmore-Oliver House - 0.1 miles