- As low as $125/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1400 sq ft (130 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Water tubing nearby
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1400 square feet
The Thomas McLin House.
A prominent local Coppersmith and merchant constructed this home for his daughter in 1822. While visiting New Bern stay in this historic 2 story federal style Apartment.
During the Great Fire of New Bern in 1922 the roof burnt, however the home was luckily able to be repaired and expanded in the federal style as two townhouse style apartments, as it remains today. The heart pine wood floor outlines the original 1822 floor plan, while the 1922 upstairs addition constructed after the devastating great fire has southern yellow pine wood floor. The original 1822 fireplace mantel remains, and the antique light fixtures make you feel as though you’ve been transported back in time.
You will be located within a short walk to many amentities such as shopping, restrauants, museums, and marinas. We are located 2 blocks from the historic Tryon Palace main gate and a couple more blocks from the NC History Museum. Whether you are touring the historical streets and sites of one of North Carolina’s colonial capitals or appreciating the neighborhood coffee shop, hunting for treasures at one of the many antique stores, taking a day trip to the beach, exploring coastal Carolina, or enjoying the micro-brewery a few blocks away, this is a convenient and great location to call home while you are visiting.
* Security cameras monitor both the front and back exterior entrances. *
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this apartment is in the city center and on a river. Tryon Palace and New Bern Firemen's Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at New Bern Grand Marina and Northwest Creek Marina. Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the optimal Pamlico area vacation home experience:
Find your perfect rental:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in New Bern. Booking your Pamlico area vacation home in Spring or Fall is a great way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies supply Pamlico area area visitors guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Pamlico area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental in New Bern:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. Historic Thomas McLin House Downtown, 2 blocks from Tryon Palace has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally available online. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine which bed configuration is optimal for your group.
- If there's an individual Pamlico area beach you are crazy about, look for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or could be applied to your agreement.
Advice for a great stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- During arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, television set or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many problems.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic source for finding the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the property manager isn't available, remember to take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a great time? Most rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.1 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.3 miles
- Cow Café - 0.3 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Stingray Café - 0.3 miles
- Lawson's On The Creek - 0.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.5 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 0.9 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.2 miles
- John Wright Stanly House - 0.2 miles