About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1400 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
The Thomas McLin House.
A prominent local Coppersmith and merchant constructed this home for his daughter in 1822. While visiting New Bern stay in this historic 2 story federal style Apartment.
During the Great Fire of New Bern in 1922 the roof burnt, however the home was luckily able to be repaired and expanded in the federal style as two townhouse style apartments, as it remains today. The heart pine wood floor outlines the original 1822 floor plan, while the 1922 upstairs addition constructed after the devastating great fire has southern yellow pine wood floor. The original 1822 fireplace mantel remains, and the antique light fixtures make you feel as though you’ve been transported back in time.
You will be located within a short walk to many amentities such as shopping, restrauants, museums, and marinas. We are located 2 blocks from the historic Tryon Palace main gate and a couple more blocks from the NC History Museum. Whether you are touring the historical streets and sites of one of North Carolina’s colonial capitals or appreciating the neighborhood coffee shop, hunting for treasures at one of the many antique stores, taking a day trip to the beach, exploring coastal Carolina, or enjoying the micro-brewery a few blocks away, this is a convenient and great location to call home while you are visiting.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this apartment is in the city center and on a river. Tryon Palace and B'nai Sholem Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at New Bern Grand Marina and Northwest Creek Marina. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Pamlico area rental booking tips and tricks:
How to get the best value:
- In the Pamlico area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in New Bern. To find the best rental within your budget, we suggest booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Some property managers offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Pamlico area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, visitors guides contain offers and deals for nearby restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Planning and picking the rightrental home:
- Choose vacation week and maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Historic Thomas McLin House Downtown, 2 blocks from Tryon Palace has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Pamlico area rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If not, reach out to the property owner before reserving the home. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to establish what bed configuration is best for your group.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- Put the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- Make a record of any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your life at home. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a excellent time? Most rental websites make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.1 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.2 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 0.3 miles
- Bebop's Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Cow Café - 0.3 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Stingray Café - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.5 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 0.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 0.9 miles
- John Wright Stanly House - 0.2 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.2 miles