- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Communal Pool
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Game Room
- Spa Whirlpool
- Washing Machine
About this Property
Waterwood Townhouses, located on the Neuse River in historic New Bern, North Carolina, is a appealing setting for year-round outdoor fun. The resort has a phenomenal assortment of activities, including a handsome outdoor pool, 11 tennis courts, indoor pool, miniature golf course, bicycle rental, and boat slips that can accommodate boats up to 60 feet in length. It's a peaceful setting for spectacular vistas from sunrise to sunset.
All units in Waterwood Townhouses are 2-bedroom, and they sleep up to 6 people. You can use your full kitchen to prepare a comfortable meal, or just to warm up hot chocolate to adore on a cold winter's nighttime sitting by your fireplace. The washer/dryer in each unit is a alluring, convenient touch. The condos are attractively decorated and well cared for. On nights when you don't feel like going out, just watch movies or entertainment on your DVD/VCR. Of course, since all units have a extravagant waterfront view, there's always something great to watch. The beach and shopping are close by.
Non-stop year round fun includes golf courses, marinas, antique stores, hiking, tours of historical sites, and plenty of outdoor activities like windsurfing, fishing, water skiing, jet skiing, or sailing, and all are within an hour's drive from the resort. Tour the New Bern Academy and experience what history was like around here from 1710 through the Civil War. Visit beautiful Bellair Plantation, an striking example of Georgian style architecture from before the Revolutionary War. Tryon Palace, from the Colonial era, is considered one of the most pretty public buildings in America.
Additional costs and taxes apply at time of check in:
"Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 51.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units, per stay. Cash or Credit is accepted."
Additional rules and notices:
No Family Animals. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA/general service animal policy.
No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
Minimum age check-in is 21.
Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or holiday experience.
Security deposit mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
State law requires that anyone under the age of 16 must wear helmets when riding bicycles. Resort does not supply helmets.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties supply Pamlico area area travel magazines that feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the property management company and the vendor itself. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-peak times provide substantial discounts.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer concessions to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You'll get the most value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to discover how many rental properties are offered in their area of interest. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to find a rental home which matches their desires and spending plan.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often select management companies to manage marketing, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you believe "Beautiful 2 bedroom unit at resort, sleeps 8" is the best vacation property for your upcoming getaway? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Like many popular vacation spots, In Pamlico area the best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Pamlico area you would like to explore, and the approximate dates you'll be vacationing.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Keep in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental homes are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the price for your desired week. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a pricey rental property. One individual in your company will need to be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the property have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the elder generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of rental postings will include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of restrictions may possibly dismiss a potential rental home. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local companies offer excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the entire agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager immediately. This will protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental property to ensure you've collected all personal belongings.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to offer comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did they love their stay? Maybe everything turned out to be wonderful and you're happy to reserve the same rental for next year. If not, you've gained invaluable experience that will help with the next search.
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 3.9 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 4.2 miles
- The Grill At Prohibition - 4.2 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 4.2 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 4.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 4.2 miles
- Bebop's Cafe - 4.2 miles
- Cow CafÃ© - 4.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.0 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.1 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 4.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.3 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.4 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 0.3 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 3.4 miles