- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Game Room
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Private Pool
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWaterwood Townhouses, located on the Neuse River in historic New Bern, North Carolina, is a inviting setting for year-round outdoor fun. The resort has a outstanding assortment of activities, including a handsome outdoor pool, 11 tennis courts, an indoor pool, a miniature golf course, bicycle rental, and boat slips that can accommodate boats up to 60 feet in length. It's a calming setting for spectacular vistas from sunrise to sunset.
All units in Waterwood Townhouses are 2-bedroom, and they sleep up to 6 people. You can use your full kitchen to prepare a opulent meal, or just to warm up hot chocolate to appreciate on a cold winter's nighttime sitting by your fireplace. The washer/dryer in each unit is a dazzling, convenient touch. The condos are attractively furbished and well cared for. On nights when you don't feel like going out, just watch movies or entertainment on your DVD/VCR. Of course, since all units have a handsome waterfront view, there's always something great to watch. The beach and shopping are close by.
Non-stop year-round fun includes golf courses, marinas, antique stores, hiking, tours of historical sites, and plenty of outdoor activities like windsurfing, fishing, water skiing, jet skiing, or sailing, and all are within an hour's drive from the resort. Tour the New Bern Academy and experience what history was like around here from 1710 through the Civil War. Visit beautiful Bellair Plantation, an first-rate example of Georgian-style architecture from before the Revolutionary War. Tryon Palace, from the Colonial era, is considered one of the most comfortable public buildings in America.
Additional rules and notices:
No Animals. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA/general service animal policy.
No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
The minimum age check-in is 21.
Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state, and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or holiday experience.
Security deposit mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
State law requires that anyone under the age of 16 must wear helmets when riding bicycles. The resort does not supply helmets.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guide books with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer substantive bargains.
- Several management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat individuals to the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rentals can be found in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental homes in Pamlico area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they manage the advertising and operations..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful 2 bedroom unit at resort, sleeps 8", read through our short collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Pamlico area vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Quite often, the hardest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Keep in mind that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking a costly vacation property. Usually, one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the group interested in? Do you want a rental home with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property charge? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Do individual members of your party have special needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other people in the family traveling with a domestic pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Read your contract very carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are included.
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. Your best prospects for a reduced rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Go Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should tragedy strike.
After you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also advise immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please be considerate of the community. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten items. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental sites seek comments after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but sincere about your experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. If not, you have acquired invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 3.9 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 4.2 miles
- The Grill At Prohibition - 4.2 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 4.2 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 4.2 miles
- The Chelsea - 4.2 miles
- Bebop's Cafe - 4.2 miles
- Cow CafÃ© - 4.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.0 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.1 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 4.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.3 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.4 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 0.3 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 3.4 miles