- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Wacky Turtle is an refreshed two story townhouse which has it's own dock and benches on a splendid canal. All the amenities of home and more. This glamourous home is in a "Norman Rockwell" like community which is ultra safe for running, walking, and appreciating the outdoors. A paddle board and kayak await you to adore the waterways. If you like to golf we have golf that is great because the golf course is a stone's throw away. Relish your morning coffee and the elegant view from the 2nd story balcony or from the outdoor space off of the lanai or your personal outdoor space on the water. Savor the view or have dinner in the Carolina Room (Lanai), with all windows over looking the canal on the first floor. The master suite has a full bathroom. The 2nd bedroom has an attached sitting room with a daybed/trundle. This is the room that can be used as a 3rd bedroom, separated by toile drapes. This bedroom has a balcony overlooking the canal. It also has a intelligent TV. WiFi is included all through as well as 2 designated parking spaces convenient to the front entrance. Why did we name it the Wacky Turtle? Sit on the dock and relish the turtles. Golfers will appreciate the River Bend Country Club. You may rent this townhouse by the nighttime (minimum of 2 nights), by the week, or by the month.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Pamlico area area promotional travel guides which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of those terrific attractions at a significantly discounted.
- Are your vacation dates flexible? The off-peak seasons typically offer phenomenal rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of rental companies offer unique discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most looking forward to during your stay? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners often offer their clients an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to suit their Pamlico area gang, from low-noise condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often select management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Waterfront Charming Townhouse is located in a Golf & Waterway Community", read through our short checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Pamlico area the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for families to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Consensus can be tough among relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Does your favorite rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure each person understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Make a List of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental payment? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the Third floor. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a furry companion? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Make certain to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included.
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard fee, vacationers must pay state taxes when renting "Waterfront Charming Townhouse is located in a Golf & Waterway Community", as well as various other fees which might be required based upon their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Most vacation rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere in regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to solve the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. If the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.2 miles
- Panichellis Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Attitudes Pub & Grille - 0.3 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 2.8 miles
- Village Butcher - 3.0 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 3.1 miles
- Musashi Japanese Steak - 3.2 miles
- Ginaâ€™s Pizza - 3.3 miles
- Wine and Design - 3.3 miles
- Flythe's Bike Shop - 4.2 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 4.3 miles
- Foscue Plantation - 4.3 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 4.7 miles