- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Wacky Turtle is an renovated two story townhouse which has it's own dock and benches on a enchanting canal. All the amenities of home and more. This appealing home is in a "Norman Rockwell" like community which is ultra safe for running, walking, and relishing the outdoors. A paddle board and kayak await you to relish the waterways. If you like to golf we have golf that is great because the golf course is a stone's throw away. Appreciate your morning coffee and the elegant view from the 2nd story balcony or from the outdoor space off of the lanai or your personal outdoor space on the water. Savor the view or have dinner in the Carolina Room (Lanai), with all windows over looking the canal on the first floor. The master suite has a full bathroom. The 2nd bedroom has an attached sitting room with a daybed/trundle. This is the room that can be used as a 3rd bedroom, separated by toile drapes. This bedroom has a balcony overlooking the canal. It also has a intelligent TV. WiFi is supplied all over as well as 2 designated parking spaces convenient to the front entrance. Why did we name it the Wacky Turtle? Sit on the dock and savor the turtles. Golfers will adore the River Bend Country Club. You may rent this townhouse by the nighttime (minimum of 2 nights), by the week, or by the month.
- Many property owners and vacation rental properties supply Pamlico area area traveller discount magazines which include money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons feature incredible savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Several property management companies offer discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it's downtown units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Think about getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to come across a rental which fits their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Owners often select management companies to assist with advertising campaigns, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Below are some tips and tricks to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and book the right rental property:
Before you decide to book "Waterfront Charming Townhouse is located in a Golf & Waterway Community", read through our short list of points to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Pamlico area the best rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. A lot of households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Agreement can be tough among members of the family, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Determine the rate for your selected week. It might be at the high end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. A single individual in your company needs to be responsible for collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Rental Home Features
What property features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental home with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Do some members of your crew have special needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
After the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental home price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on booking your vacation home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be useful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, surrounding households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to be sure you've packed all belongings.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to provide feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but sincere with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. If not, you've acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.2 miles
- Panichellis Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Attitudes Pub & Grille - 0.3 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 2.8 miles
- Village Butcher - 3.0 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 3.1 miles
- Musashi Japanese Steak - 3.2 miles
- Craven Coffee House and Cafe - 3.3 miles
- Wine and Design - 3.3 miles
- Flythe's Bike Shop - 4.2 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 4.3 miles
- Foscue Plantation - 4.3 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 4.7 miles