- As low as $110/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- Kayak on site
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Note from host: Smoking is allowed outside only.
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 250 sq ft (23 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- Water tubing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 250 square feet
Only six mins. to historic downtown New Bern. The Sanderling is a tiny cabin ideal for a couple or a family of 3 or 4. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TINY CABIN WITH SLEEPING LOFTS. YOU MUST CLIMB A LADDER TO GET IN THE LOFTS. THIS CABIN DOES NOT HAVE A PRIVATE BATHROOM, GUESTS SHARE AN ONSITE BATHHOUSE WITH ONE OTHER CABIN. The cabin is located on a pine grove lot with access to a SHARED private dock on deep water Brices Creek. Brices Creek flows into the Trent and Neuse Rivers and then out to the Atlantic Ocean. You are encouraged to use one of our kayaks to appreciate the water. Other activities include swimming, fishing, crabbing & boating. Don't miss a chance to prepare a s'more over our huge fire pit.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE KING BED AND TWIN BED ARE IN LOFTS THAT REQUIRE RENTERS TO CLIMB LADDERS TO ACCESS THESE BEDS. THE LADDERS MAY BE DIFFICULT TO NEGOTIATE FOR OLDER ADULTS, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND SMALL CHILDREN. Also, there are a few other rental units close by that may wish to use the fire pit and SHARED private dock. Please be respectful of other renters so everybody may savor their stay. Overall I believe you will find the property to be very peaceful. THE SANDERLING DOES NOT HAVE IT'S OWN PRIVATE BATHROOM. YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A VERY NICE SHARED BATHHOUSE THAT HAS A FULL SIZE REFRIGERATOR, FULL SIZE WASHER AND DRYER, A SINK, A FULL SIZE TOILET AND A FULL SIZE SHOWER. You also have use of a SHARED dock.
About the Area
Located in New Bern, this cabin is on the waterfront. New Bern Civic Theatre and B'nai Sholem Temple are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Pamlico area vacation property experience:
When to book a Pamlico area rental & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in New Bern. Book your vacation in Fall or Spring to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation property six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Look for your local Pamlico area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, travel guides contain offers and deals for local shops and restaurants.
Planning, picking, and booking a perfectrental:
- Choose your vacation dates and max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. The Sanderling Tiny Cabin Water Access/Private Shared dock has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you book the vacation home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- Does your group require specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property manager about pet restrictions before booking.
Tips for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Be respectful. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a fantastic vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÜtopia - 1.9 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Carolina Grill - 2.0 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 2.1 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.2 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 2.3 miles
- Ginza Japan - 2.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.7 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.9 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.8 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.4 miles