- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMy home is a cute 3 bed 2 bath on deep water Brices Creek, just right for swimming, boating, fishing and this unit has its own Private Beach! Only six mins. to Historic Downtown New Bern. Located on a peaceful generous private wooded lot with massive vistas over well known Brices Creek. Come with all of your water toys as there is a boat ramp a quarter of a mile away! While you launch your boat, jet ski or kayak please appreciate Merchants Grocery famed cheeseburger or stop by early for a hearty breakfast. At nighttime you can head into downtown for a seafood dinner or stay at home and relax on the forty foot back porch with fantastic vistas over the creek. Watch the wildlife from the dock and if you are extremely lucky you could see a dolphin swim by! Don t forget to bring your fishing rod for some impressive bass, crappie, brim, striper or catfishing. You also have use of a SHARED dock that is behind The Grey Goose (off to the side of the unit not directly behind the home) used by two rental cabins that are on the other side of this 1.3 acre unit. THE SHARED DOCK CLOSES FOR ALL GUESTS EXCEPT FOR GREY GOOSE RENTERS AT 9:00 P.M. OR DARK WHICHEVER COMES EARLIEST - QUIET HOURS ARE FROM 9:00 P.M. TO 8:00 A.M. PLEASE RESPECT OTHER GUESTS.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guide books with special packages for rental management companies, dining and tours. Search for these guides and discount books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of those terrific attractions with a typically significantly discounted.
- Are your travel dates changeable? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal discounts.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning travelers of the same property. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most anticipating during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to facilitate marketing and advertising, housekeeping and repairs and maintenance.
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Finding and booking the best rental property:
Do you believe "The Grey Goose (Waterfront) Historic New Bern - Private Beach - BRING YOUR BOAT!" is the perfect rental property for your next family vacation? Read this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Pamlico area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of organizing your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simpler.
How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, communicate with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Does the preferred vacation property fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. One individual in your company will have to be in charge of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Are you looking for a rental with open-air kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Remember to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Examine your agreement carefully! Service fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
When the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the very best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies usually have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be respectful of the community. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Tidy up a bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental home is required to be in good condition. Sinks brimming with dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to give feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your review.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience that can help with the next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.9 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.9 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 2.0 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 2.0 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 2.0 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.8 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.3 miles