- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMy home is a cute 3 bed 2 bath on deep water Brices Creek, just right for swimming, boating, fishing and this unit has its own Private Beach! Only six mins. to Historic Downtown New Bern. Located on a peaceful generous private wooded lot with monumental vistas over well known Brices Creek. Come with all of your water toys as there is a boat ramp a quarter of a mile away! While you launch your boat, jet ski or kayak please adore Merchants Grocery famed cheeseburger or stop by early for a hearty breakfast within walking distance to The Grey Goose. At nighttime you can head into downtown for a seafood dinner or stay at home and relax on the forty foot back porch with exceptional vistas over the creek. Watch the wildlife from the dock and if you are extremely lucky you could see a dolphin swim by! Don t forget to bring your fishing rod for some exemplary bass, crappie, brim, striper or catfishing.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, since this allows vacationers to experience the very same wonderful activities with a considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you can travel? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for special discounts. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a particular activity you are most looking forward to ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sights you are most excited about.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the range and variety of short term rental homes available in the Pamlico area area. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to locate a rental which matches their expectations and spending budget.
The vast majority of rental properties in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to discover that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental:
Before you start to book "The Grey Goose (Waterfront) Historic New Bern - Private Beach - BRING YOUR BOAT!", go through our brief collection of issues to consider.
Search Early and Often
Pamlico area rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick a Village and Date
Agreement can be tricky between family, but as soon as this challenging part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Decide on Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before reserving an expensive rental home. Normally, one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the unit have bicycles and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Adequate accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and breeds could be controlled. Study your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Once the place, time and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a top-quality vacation experience.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any problems as soon as you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required call the home manager without delay.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for shopping?
- Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Nearly all rental websites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but genuine with regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a good time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a great rental unit. If the property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.9 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.9 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 2.0 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 2.0 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 2.0 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.3 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.9 miles