- As low as $130/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- Video library
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Hunting nearby
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near the sea
- Next to a golf course
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Owner very allergic
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1450 sq ft (135 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water sports equipment
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1450 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Welcome to the Riverside Retreat. 1940's Coastal Bungalow that has been refreshed while maintaining its original appeal. Very clean and welcoming. Located in Historic Riverside district just a short distance to historic downtown New Bern. River access at the community park. Lots of great eateries, brew homes, antique stores, and shopping, as well as historical sites and entertainment.
My little Coastal Bungalow is appealing and comfortable. Ideal for singles and couples. But please no kids! It is freshly modernized and well-appointed with all of the accouterments you might need. It is a striking collection of old and new, antiques and modern, oceanside finds, and worldly travels.
Guest notebook available with local hot spots and happenings. Also includes CHECK OUT INSTRUCTIONS. Following check-out instructions will ensure a good review!
About the Area
This vacation home is located on the waterfront and in an area with good shopping. Tryon Palace and New Bern Firemen's Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include B'nai Sholem Temple and New Bern Civic Theatre. Isaac Taylor Garden and Havelock Tourist & Event Center are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Booking the best New Bern vacation rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Pamlico area area. To find the best value, consider shifting your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Pamlico area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines have discounts for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Choosing the best rental home in New Bern:
- First, have your group select trip dates and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration you need. Riverside Retreat - 1940s Coastal Bungalow in New Bern, NC has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Pamlico area rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is usually available online. If they are not listed, email the host before you reserve your home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- If there's a particular Pamlico area attraction you are crazy about, look for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
Some things to know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you're out! Don't let crooks ruin your holiday.
- To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon your arrival. Call the rental manager right away to document your findings. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.9 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 1.0 miles
- The Chelsea - 1.0 miles
- Cow Café - 1.0 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 1.0 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 1.1 miles
- Stingray Café - 1.1 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.9 miles
- Tryon Palace - 1.0 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 1.1 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 1.2 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 1.4 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.4 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.4 miles
- Greenwood Cemetery - 0.5 miles
- Birthplace of Pepsi - 1.1 miles
- Carolina Creations - 1.1 miles
- The Black Cat Shoppe - 1.1 miles
- New Bern Arts & Wellness Center - 0.9 miles
- Armstrong Grocery - 0.9 miles
- Savi's Wine Shop - 1.0 miles
- The Red Shoe Studio Gallery - 1.0 miles
- The Four C's - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Riverside Retreat - 1940s Coastal Bungalow in New Bern, NC?Book Online Get Information Call: