- As low as $169/Night
- 1 bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Hunting nearby
- Internet access
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near the sea
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 5
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 350 sq ft (33 sq m)
- Washing machine
About this Property
A memorable weekend in New Bern awaits you at this 1-bath vacation rental! This studio cabin features its own kitchenette, comfortable living space with 2 lofts, and shared amenities ideal for the whole family. Kayak the Brices Creek and the Trent River, prepare a meal under the gazebo, or warm up by the fire pit once the sun sets. For local adventure, be sure to check out the historic attractions of Governor’s Palace/Tryon Palace and the Birthplace of Pepsi Cola, both located less than 4 miles away!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Family Animals Welcome | On-Site River Access | Kayaks
Offering a plethora of amenities and located right on Brices Creek, this studio cabin promises a fun-filled New Bern hideaway with family and friends.
Studio Cabin: 2 King Beds, Futon
COMMUNAL SPACE SHARED AMENITIES: Laundry machines, full-sized refrigerator, additional sink, toilet, charcoal & gas grilles, fire pit, boat slip & dock, pedal boat, beach chairs, gazebo, horseshoes, cornhole, picnic tables, hammocks
INDOOR LIVING: Intelligent TV, dining table
KITCHENETTE: Well-equipped, drip coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishware & flatware
GENERAL: Wall A/C unit, complimentary WiFi, towels & linens, complimentary toiletries
FAQ: Pet fee (paid pre-trip), stairs required to enter & ladders required to access beds in lofts
PARKING: Driveway (2 cars), RV/trailer parking allowed on-site
ADDT’L ACCOMMODATIONS: There are 2 additional properties available on-site, each with separate nightly prices. If you would like to reserve multiple units, please inquire for more information prior to booking
-- THE LOCATION --
OUTDOOR RECREATION: Trent River/Brices Creek (on-site), Union Point Park (3.3 miles), Creekside Park (4.1 miles), Lawson Creek Park (4.5 miles), Latham-Whitehurst Nature Park (9.4 miles)
HISTORICAL SITES: Birthplace of Pepsi Cola (3.6 miles), Governor’s Palace/Tryon Palace (3.6 miles), North Carolina History Center at Tryon Palace (3.7 miles), New Bern Firemen's Museum (3.8 miles), New Bern Civil War Battlefield Park (5.2 miles)
GOLF: Taberna Country Club (4.5 miles), New Bern Golf & Country Club (7.3 miles), Carolina Colours Golf Club (7.4 miles)
AIRPORTS: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (2.6 miles), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (132 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve makes it painless to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly w/ $75 fee (+ costs & taxes)
- No events, events, or huge gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: The property is not suitable for guests with limited mobility due to the stairs required to enter and the ladders required to access the beds in the lofts
- NOTE: The unit includes access to the Trent and Neuse Rivers via deep water Brices Creek
Tips for getting the best rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental:
- In the Pamlico area area, The earlier you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Summer time is high season in the Pamlico area area. Reserve your rental home in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Some property managers offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines have coupons for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Planning and picking your prefect Pamlico area rental:
- Choose your vacation dates and budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. NEW! 'The Gosling' Studio Cabin w/ River Access! has 0 bedrooms and 0 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally available on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the property owner before reserving the home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine which bed configuration is best for your group.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your . Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of problems.
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- To make certain damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas upon your arrival. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to stimulate future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.7 miles
- BrÜtopia - 1.9 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 2.0 miles
- Carolina Grill - 2.0 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 2.1 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.3 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 2.4 miles
- Ginza Japan - 2.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.8 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.3 miles