- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyStudio bungalow includes : 1 bed queen bed complete with linens and a 1/2 bathroom including towels, etc.. There is a mini refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker in the bungalow as well. We offer complimentary wifi, an indoor pool/spa, exercise, game, theater room and a catch & release pond! We also have laundry facilities on site. We are located away in the country but only 10 min from downtown New Bern, the Neuse River, Trent River and only 1 hour from 3 different beaches. We offer both brief and long term units. Family Animals welcome for additional $10 per pet, per nighttime cleaning fee and a returnable $100 deposit.
- Many rental managers and vacation rental homes supply Pamlico area area vacation discount guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or by a partnership between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be able to get promotions. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific visitors, whether it is beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a specific Pamlico area activity you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed due to personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of properties are available in Pamlico area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting families with making reservations, check-in, cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many beginners will be delighted to learn that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you think "Moonlight Studio 218" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming visit? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Pamlico area vacation homes start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your vacation. Many visitors choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Community and Date
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Pamlico area you'd like to explore, and the determine trip dates.
How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Be mindful that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Does the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or close to wildlife? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental payment? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Do people in your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a dog or cat? Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local rental management companies. In addition to offering exceptional rental properties, local companies provide outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company might know of similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Read the whole contract and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be useful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, adjacent residences are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to ensure you've gathered all personal belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites allow renters to offer comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
How did they like the vacation rental? Maybe everything ended up being outstanding and you're ready to re-book the rental for next year. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 2.5 miles
- Nautical Wheelers New Bern - 4.0 miles