- 1 Bedrooms
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Coin Laundry
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Pit
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Game Room
- Heated Pool
- Hospital Contact
- Indoor Pool
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Spa Whirlpool
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyStudio bungalow includes : 1 bed queen bed complete with linens and a 1/2 bathroom including towels, etc.. There is a mini refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker in the bungalow as well. We offer complimentary wifi, an indoor pool/spa, exercise equipment, arcade games and a catch & release pond! We also have laundry facilities on site. We are located away in the country but only 10 min from downtown New Bern, the Neuse River, Trent River and only 1 hour from 3 different beaches. We offer both brief and long term units. Family Animals welcome for additional $10 per pet, per nighttime cleaning fee and a returnable $100 deposit.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus supply guide books with special packages for accommodations, dining and attractions. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to change your trip dates? The off-peak seasons generally offer fantastic rates on weekly rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for promotions. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of vacationers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a certain Pamlico area atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the number and selection of short term rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
We've developed a short guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Before you decide to book "Cottage Studio 216**", read through our brief checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular hot spots, In Pamlico area the best vacation homes are booked early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Pamlico area you prefer to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving a costly vacation property. A single member of your party needs to be in charge of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental home rate? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective vacation property. Read your contract carefully! Charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional rental properties, local agencies provide you with fantastic service..
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the whole contract and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular fee, visitors will have to pay local taxes when booking "Cottage Studio 216**", as well as any other additional fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home right away. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any repairs. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Often, nearby households are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental home should really be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be dealt with before you leave.
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Did they like the rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 2.6 miles
- Nautical Wheelers New Bern - 4.2 miles