About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1200 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to "Harbourview"! Located in the peaceful marina & golfing community of Fairfield Harbor, this unit offers the ideal space to get away. Located conveniently close to Downtown New Bern, it's a gem if you're popping into town for a special event or taking in a full vacation. Appreciate this location & all the amenities this rental has to offer including the Community Center with activities galore!
This comfortable duplex with 3 full bathrooms overlooks the gorgeous Northwest Creek Marina at Fairfield Harbour in New Bern, NC. The space offers 2 queen beds, a futon on the den, and pull-out couch, well suited for smaller groups. The kitchen and living room areas are the ideal combo of space to relax while appreciating the serene vistas. Each level has a balcony, and the top, just off the master suite, has an additional Crow's Nest deck. The site has a community center available to guests.
Fairfield Harbor is a enchanting waterfront community, located about 15 mins. away from Downtown Historic New Bern. Whether you appreciate a lively art & theatre scene, antiquing opportunities, or just happen to be an adventurous foodie, New Bern has the experiences you're seeking. Rich in culture & history, there is something for everybody to savor! It is, after all, the birthplace of Pepsi & home to the fashonable estate known as Tryon Palace.
The Community Center, located just across the parking lot from the home, offers both indoor & outdoor pools, hot tub, sauna, two work-out rooms, a basketball court, tennis/pickleball court, a putt-putt golf course, rec room and a playground for the kids! Kayak units are also available on site through Stillwater Kayaks. Details will be given upon reservation.
Depending on which direction you are travelling, you will either turn left or right onto Broad Creek Rd, travelling 6.4 miles; turn Right onto Marina Dr; turn Left onto Lakeview Dr; Turn left when you arrive to the tall, yellow homes. Turn right onto Marina Townes Dr. Arrive at Property. **Park only under right side of unit to avoid blocking the neighbor's driveway.**
This property is supplied with just about everything guests would need to stay comfortably. The entirely outfitted kitchen includes all the amenities of home & then some, even down to the coffee grinder & electric tea kettle. Reach out if you have any questions about a specific item.
Please be aware if you are travelling with kids: The marina is very close to the property. Be sure to monitor your kids closely while playing outside!!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in New Bern. Greater Good Art Gallery and Pepsi Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include New Bern Civic Theatre and B'nai Sholem Temple.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best rental experience:
Find your perfect rental home:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in New Bern. To get the best value, try changing your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Pamlico area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Pamlico area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guides have coupons for local accommodations and attractions.
How to choose and book your Pamlico area rental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Harbourview - Overlooking Marina, Fairfield Harbor New Bern has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Pamlico area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often available online. Otherwise, email or call the host before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine what configuration is optimal for your family.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or may be applied to your contract.
- Are you visiting for a single event? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
More considerations for your visit:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents many concerns.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Document any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all belongings. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on good ratings to stimulate new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- Taqueria San Luis - 3.4 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 3.6 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 3.7 miles
- BrÜtopia - 3.8 miles
- Carolina Grill - 3.8 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 3.9 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 3.9 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 4.0 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.7 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 4.7 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.8 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 0.2 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 3.1 miles
- New Bern Battlefield Park - 3.2 miles
- BrÜtopia - 3.8 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 3.9 miles