- New Bern
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoking Allowed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe home is a private home with plenty of parking w/1 car carport plus additional driveway space for another car, boat, motorcycle and trailer. The home is close to everything and is very sizable. This city home has a suburban feel, that feels private, however, it is near everything New Bern.
Keypad with a 4 number Code for Entrance.
The thermostat should not be set below 72 for air or above 72 for heat.
No Monthly Units!!! Weekly Units Yes!!!
I have a Graco Playard with a napper/changer and high chair for the little ones.
The home is located within 5 mins. to downtown New Bern where you will find stores, eateries, marinas and parks and the nighttime life.
Be sure to check out all of the Bear statues around the city, that a lot of tourist like taking photos with for their memories.
It is only a 45 min drive to Atlantic Beach, the Outer Banks and 1 hour from Cape Lookout.
The home has the Rinnai on-demand hot water heater, which means you will never run out of hot water no matter how many guest are in your group or family.
Visit historic downtown New Bern where you will find stores, eateries, marinas and parks.
An information packet will be available upon arrival to tell you where the many local attractions can be found.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and rental houses supply Pamlico area area promotional travel guides which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or through a partnership between the management company and the local store itself. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are your travel dates flexible? Shoulder seasons special offer terrific opportunities.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same rental home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. You'll get the most value from a home that most closely suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance along with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to suit their Pamlico area gang, from relaxed condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to facilitate online advertising, cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you think "East Coast Retreat "for business or relaxation”" is the perfect rental property for your next family vacation? Read this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Pamlico area vacation homes start booking very early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Pamlico area rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Agreement can be tricky among loved ones, but once this tricky part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
The majority of rental properties are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It could be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or families are sharing the cost, ensure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Normally, one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each party's contribution.
What home features is your group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, in town, or in close proximity to night life? Are sheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the party travelling with a family pet? While quite a few rental homes allow household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Read your agreement thoroughly! Service fees may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
After the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read The Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Rental home management companies and home owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage immediately after you arrive. We also recommend promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any required repairs. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many complications.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Frequently, adjacent properties are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a little more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all possessions.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Most rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to re-book next year? With a little luck everything ended up being outstanding and you're ready to reserve the same rental for next year. Otherwise, you've gained valuable experience that will help with another search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 0.8 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.1 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.2 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- El Taco Loco - 0.6 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.0 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.0 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.3 miles
- Tryon Palace - 1.8 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 0.6 miles