- New Bern
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Catering Available
- CD Player
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Gas Fireplace
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Considered
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyExecutive-style holiday home, 2700 heated/air conditioned square feet, located on a bluff with direct frontage and dock on the Neuse River in historic New Bern, NC Panoramic vistas from all bedrooms, multiple level decks, 40-foot year round sun room, private outdoor pool, can be heated, and out door hot tub. Four Bedrooms plus alcove.
This is a ideal spot for a family holiday or reunion. View feathered friends and other coastal wild-life from the comfort of the sun room or decks. Or savor the many trails, rivers, streams, parks, preserves, or the close by sea beaches. Golf, horseback riding, and family amusement parks are close by. And the great Atlantic Sea at Atlantic Beach is 45 miles away.
There is an owner-occupied one bedroom apartment on the premises. This apartment is occasionally available for guest rental at $250/nighttime plus tax.
New Bern is also home to pretty eateries, stores, marinas, theater, shopping, and the famed Tyron Palace, former capital of North Carolina.
We think you will adore our comforts.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with deals for rental homes, dining and attractions. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows vacationers to discover the very same wonderful attractions with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you able to adjust your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer incredible opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of property management companies provide special discounts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific groups of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most interested in.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are surprised to discover how many rental properties can be found in Pamlico area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to find a rental home which matches their desires and price range.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping vacationers with booking, checking-in, cleaning, as well as routine service problems that may arise.
Here are some ideas and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Finding and booking the perfect rental:
Do you think "Fort Point River House" is the best vacation property for your next visit? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area vacation rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before a trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Decide on a Town and Date
Start by choosing which specific area of Pamlico area you would like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Select a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you need to have. Be aware that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your family. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Most vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking a costly rental property. Generally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and recovering each party's share.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What property features is your family looking for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do individual members of your crew have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Many restrictions may eliminate a potential rental. Don't forget to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
When you have found your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are required contact the property manager right away.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make sure that you've gathered all valuables.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was unacceptable and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Learn and Improve
Did they like the vacation rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be simple. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Sugarplum Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 0.5 miles
- Carolina Grill - 0.6 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 0.6 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 0.6 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 0.7 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 0.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 1.8 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.0 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 2.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.3 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 0.6 miles