- New Bern
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyNatural and peaceful wooded setting within a 5 min. drive to superb downtown New Bern! Three bedrooms with two king sized beds, a full size bed, and a bunk bed. The master bathroom only has a shower access, but the hall bathroom is a tub/shower combo. Includes bed linens, pillows and enough towels and washcloths for 8 people. We are 45 mins. from either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle, and 1 hour from Beaufort, NC. We have supplied the kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, basic preparing silverware, a 12 cup coffee maker and crock pot. You will need to supply your own food and drinks.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental owners and vacation rental homes supply Pamlico area area printed travel magazines which include deals, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property manager and the merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your trip dates changeable? The off-peak seasons will offer amazing rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most getting excited about during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn how many rental homes are offered in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping guests with reserving, check-in, cleaning, as well as routine service problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you book "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total", examine our brief list of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Pamlico area vacation homes book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Consensus can often be difficult among close relatives, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you book.
Make a Budget
Check to make sure "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total" satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive rental home. Typically, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your companion! Even though many vacation rentals allow household pets, rules and fees vary per property. Many restrictions may possibly dismiss a prospective rental. Read your contract very carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to offering exceptional properties, local agencies provide excellent service..
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of similar homes that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Entire Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, travelers will need to pay state taxes when renting "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total", as well as any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little. Despite the fact that you're paying a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental needs to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes ought to be remedied before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit travellers to offer comments. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? Ideally everything was outstanding and you're all set to re-book the rental for next season. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to help with your next search.
- Village Butcher - 2.7 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 2.8 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.9 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.0 miles
- Half Time Pub & Grub - 3.0 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 3.1 miles
- Paulaâ€™s Pizza & Italian Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Musashi Japanese Steak - 3.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.6 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.5 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 3.0 miles