- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyNatural and peaceful wooded setting within a 5 min. drive to superb downtown New Bern! Three bedrooms with two king sized beds, a full size bed, and a bunk bed. The master bathroom only has a shower access, but the hall bathroom is a tub/shower combo. Includes bed linens, pillows and enough towels and washcloths for 8 people. We are 45 mins. from either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle, and 1 hour from Beaufort, NC. We have supplied the kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, basic preparing silverware, a 12 cup coffee maker and crock pot. You will need to supply your own food and drinks.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Pamlico area area discount guides which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to alter your travel dates? The off-peak seasons will offer you amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many property management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a particular Pamlico area activity you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the number and selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to fit their Pamlico area group, from calm condos to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned destinations, In Pamlico area the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can often be difficult between family members, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Most vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your selected week. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental home. One individual in your company must be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you want a vacation property with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or close to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Although many vacation rentals allow furry friends, guidelines and fees vary per property. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local property management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Many times, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dirty dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be addressed before leaving.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most rental management company websites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to re-book next year? Maybe everything ended up being perfect and you are all set to re-book the same rental for next year. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.4 miles
- Village Butcher - 2.7 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 2.8 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.9 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.0 miles
- Half Time Pub & Grub - 3.0 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 3.1 miles
- Paulaâ€™s Pizza & Italian Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.6 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.5 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 3.0 miles