- New Bern
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyNatural and peaceful wooded setting within a 5 min. drive to superb downtown New Bern! Three bedrooms with two king sized beds, a full size bed, and a bunk bed. The master bathroom only has a shower access, but the hall bathroom is a tub/shower combo. Includes bed linens, pillows and enough towels and washcloths for 8 people. We are 45 mins. from either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle, and 1 hour from Beaufort, NC. We have supplied the kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, basic preparing silverware, a 12 cup coffee maker and crock pot. You will need to supply your own food and drinks.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Pamlico area area traveller discount catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the itself. Search for these books and promotional books, since this allows travelers to take advantage of those fantastic activities with a significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive prices.
- Many management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning visitors of the same vacation home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to particular clients, whether it's beachfront rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in Pamlico area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Pamlico area family, from peaceful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with booking, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
Here are some ideas and suggestions to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Pamlico area rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to your vacation. A lot of families prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest is simpler.
Select a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Keep in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Pay?
Does your preferred rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If many individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the group interested in? Do you primarily want a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Special Things to consider
Do certain members of your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a pet dog? While many rentals permit household pets, guidelines and fees vary per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Read your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
Once the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Entire Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard rate, vacationers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total", as well as various other additional fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a bit. Even if you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation rental really should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Many vacation rental websites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your critique.
Did they like the rental home? Hopefully everything ended up being fantastic and you're happy to re-book the rental home for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Village Butcher - 2.7 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 2.8 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.9 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.0 miles
- Half Time Pub & Grub - 3.0 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 3.1 miles
- Paulaâ€™s Pizza & Italian Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Musashi Japanese Steak - 3.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.6 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.5 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 3.0 miles