- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyNatural and peaceful wooded setting within a 5 min. drive to beautiful downtown New Bern! Three bedrooms with two king sized beds, a full size bed, and a bunk bed. The master bathroom only has a shower access, but the hall bathroom is a tub/shower combo. Includes bed linens, pillows and enough towels and washcloths for 8 people. We are 45 mins. from either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle, and 1 hour from Beaufort, NC. We have supplied the kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, basic preparing silverware, a 12 cup coffee maker and crock pot. You will need to supply your own food and drinks.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you printed travel guides with special deals for lodging, restaurants and tours. Search for these guides and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to experience the same fantastic attractions at a often substantial discounted.
- Are your travel dates changeable? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be qualified for promotions. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain Pamlico area atteaction that you just love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed as a consequence of medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Pamlico area group, from low-noise condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Here are some tips and tactics to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total", review our short checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Pamlico area rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Pamlico area getaway 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Consensus can be complicated between close relatives, but once this complicated part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Be aware that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your desired stay. It might be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Dog Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pet policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Where to Search
After the area, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. Your best potential for a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
Read the full contract and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the property to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Many rental management companies and rental websites permit renters to offer reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere about your stay. Top owners and managers will work very hard to solve the problem.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a great time? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you've gained useful experience to aid with your next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.4 miles
- Village Butcher - 2.7 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 2.8 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.9 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.0 miles
- Half Time Pub & Grub - 3.0 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 3.1 miles
- Paulaâ€™s Pizza & Italian Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.6 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.5 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 3.0 miles