- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
About this PropertyThe Barn Provides A Rustic Cabin Feel With Modern Conveniences & Neuse River Beach Access. Private Location; 5 Minutes To Historic Downtown & 15 Minutes To USMC Cherry Point. This Private Getaway Is Located Within A Mile Of Eateries, Grocery, Gas & Other Necessities.
New Bern Offers People Many Different Types Of Experiences. Appreciate The Many Events, Shows, Stores & Eateries Of Our Historic Downtown. New Bern Is Located Where The Trent & Neuse Rivers Meet. Boating & Fishing Are Popular Pastimes.
Constructed In The In 40s, The Barn Was Converted Into A Home In The 80s. This Unique Space Has Been Redesigned As A Relaxing Getaway. The Rustic Atmosphere Is Complimented With Antique Furnishings & Nostalgic Decor Items. The Kitchen is Well-Appointed & Includes A Coffee Bar. To Future Improve Your Stay We Have Added New Memory Foam Mattresses, Linens, Pillows, Towels & More. The New Rinnai Water Heater Provides Ample Hot Water For All.
Accommodation Includes Two Bedrooms Each With A Double Bed. An Overhead Loft Has One Extra Long Twin Bed & One Cot: A Ideal Place For The Childrens To Hangout.
The Great Room, Bedrooms & Bathroom Are On The Second Floor. The House Is Not Handicap Accessible.
The Barn Is Outfitted With All The Items Guests Need For A Nighttime Or An Extended Visit. Including Beach Chairs, Towels & Toys. Need Something - Please Just Ask. There Is A Washer & Dryer Available Onsite For Guest Use. The Propane Grille Is Available For Guest Use - Free!. We Used To Rent It. Now It Is On The Honor System. We Provide One Tank of Gas A Season. Guests Who Use The Grille Are Responsible For Cleaning The Grille & Any Gas Needed For Its Use.
Neuse River Beachfront Is Accessible Via The Driveway. The River Is Not Visible From The Barn. Wind Tides Make Water Levels Unpredictable. High Tide Is Ideal For Lounging By The Water. Low Tide Is Ideal For Relaxing Or Playing In The Sand. Great Fishing Location For Modest Boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Etc. We Do Not Provide Boats, Canoes Or Kayaks For Guest Use.
Guests Are Asked Not To Pass Through The Apiary (beehives). Guests Do Not Have Access To The Private Residence, Garage & Greenhouse Located At 2504 Old Cherry Point Road.
Every Visitor Is Unique & We Respect Guests' Privacy. We Will Greet You The Day Of Arrival & Are Available (we Live Next Door At 2504 Old Cherry Point Road) To Assist Guests As Needed. Please Ask Us For Local Recommendations.
The Barn Has Parking Available For Two Vehicles.
If Arriving By Plane, We Are Located Less Than 3 Miles From The Craven County Regional Airport. Occasionally A Modest Commuter Jet Will Passover. We Are Not Located Under The Flight Path. The Airport Has Car Units, Taxi & Other Transportation Services Available.
We Wash All Towels & Linens With Non-scented, Hypo-allergenic Products.
We Are Beekeepers. There Are Honeybees At Work On The Unit. Honeybees Are More Interested In Plants & Trees Than In People. If You Would Like To Learn More About Honeybees & Beekeeping, Please Ask Your Host For Additional Information. Honey Is For Sale When In Season.
The Neuse River Does Not Have A Sandy Bottom. We Advise Wearing Water Shoes To Protect Feet From Rocks, Tree Stumps, Etc. Occasionally There Is A Fish Kill. These Unfortunate Events Are Unpredictable. It Is Not Advisable To Use The Beach And/or Enter The Water During One Of These Events.
There Are No Animals Onsite. If You Visit The River Beachfront You Will Be Greeted By Our Dog Tatum. We Do Not Permit Animals In The Barn. Service Animals Will Be Permitted & Are Not Considered As Animals.
We Are Non-smokers. Smoking Is Not Permitted Anywhere On The Unit.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send promotional guides with savings for vacation rental management companies, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds of people and save some money? Shoulder seasons feature impressive prices.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning vacation goers of the same rental. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to particular customers, whether it's soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. You'll get the most value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rental properties in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you navigate the rental home search and reservation process.
Finding and reserving the right rental property:
Do you believe "Rustic Barn With Neuse River Access " is the perfect vacation property for your next trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Pamlico area rental properties start booking early. To guarantee the most desirable choice of homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Pamlico area rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Many families decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest portion of planning your trip is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Just How Many Beds?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom setup you will need. Consider that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the group. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Many vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected week. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before reserving a pricey rental. Generally, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each person's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or close to shopping? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home fee? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do members of your group have special needs? Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. A number of constraints could eliminate a prospective rental property. Make certain you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Where to Search
As soon as the area, time and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of comparable properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best prospects for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Agreement
Read through the whole contract and make certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you find damage, or if fixes are required call the property manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a little. Even though you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental should really be in very good condition. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Many rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they feel about the rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's trip planning will be easy. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.6 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 0.6 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 1.1 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 1.2 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.2 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.4 miles
- Carolina Grill - 1.5 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 1.5 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.9 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 3.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.3 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 3.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.0 miles