- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Spa Whirlpool
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
About this PropertyThe Barn Provides A Rustic Cabin Feel With Modern Conveniences & Neuse River Beach Access. Private Location; 5 Minutes To Historic Downtown & 15 Minutes To USMC Cherry Point. This Private Getaway Is Located Within A Mile Of Eateries, Grocery, Gas & Other Necessities.
New Bern Offers People Many Different Types Of Experiences. Appreciate The Many Events, Shows, Stores & Eateries Of Our Historic Downtown. New Bern Is Located Where The Trent & Neuse Rivers Meet. Boating & Fishing Are Popular Pastimes.
Constructed In The In 40s, The Barn Was Converted Into A Home In The 80s. This Unique Space Has Been Redesigned As A Relaxing Getaway. The Rustic Atmosphere Is Complimented With Antique Furnishings & Nostalgic Decor Items. The Kitchen is Well-Appointed & Includes A Coffee Bar. To Future Improve Your Stay We Have Added New Memory Foam Mattresses, Linens, Pillows, Towels & More. The New Rinnai Water Heater Provides Ample Hot Water For All.
Accommodation Includes Two Bedrooms Each With A Double Bed. An Overhead Loft Has One Extra Long Twin Bed & One Cot: A Ideal Place For The Childrens To Hangout.
The Great Room, Bedrooms & Bathroom Are On The Second Floor. The House Is Not Handicap Accessible.
The Barn Is Outfitted With All The Items Guests Need For A Nighttime Or An Extended Visit. Including Beach Chairs, Towels & Toys. Need Something - Please Just Ask. There Is A Washer & Dryer Available Onsite For Guest Use. The Propane Grille Is Available For Guest Use - Free!. We Used To Rent It. Now It Is On The Honor System. We Provide One Tank of Gas A Season. Guests Who Use The Grille Are Responsible For Cleaning The Grille & Any Gas Needed For Its Use.
Neuse River Beachfront Is Accessible Via The Driveway. The River Is Not Visible From The Barn. Wind Tides Make Water Levels Unpredictable. High Tide Is Ideal For Lounging By The Water. Low Tide Is Ideal For Relaxing Or Playing In The Sand. Great Fishing Location For Modest Boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Etc. We Do Not Provide Boats, Canoes Or Kayaks For Guest Use.
Guests Are Asked Not To Pass Through The Apiary (beehives). Guests Do Not Have Access To The Private Residence, Garage & Greenhouse Located At 2504 Old Cherry Point Road.
Every Visitor Is Unique & We Respect Guests' Privacy. We Will Greet You The Day Of Arrival & Are Available (we Live Next Door At 2504 Old Cherry Point Road) To Assist Guests As Needed. Please Ask Us For Local Recommendations.
The Barn Has Parking Available For Two Vehicles.
If Arriving By Plane, We Are Located Less Than 3 Miles From The Craven County Regional Airport. Occasionally A Modest Commuter Jet Will Passover. We Are Not Located Under The Flight Path. The Airport Has Car Units, Taxi & Other Transportation Services Available.
We Wash All Towels & Linens With Non-scented, Hypo-allergenic Products.
We Are Beekeepers. There Are Honeybees At Work On The Unit. Honeybees Are More Interested In Plants & Trees Than In People. If You Would Like To Learn More About Honeybees & Beekeeping, Please Ask Your Host For Additional Information. Honey Is For Sale When In Season.
The Neuse River Does Not Have A Sandy Bottom. We Advise Wearing Water Shoes To Protect Feet From Rocks, Tree Stumps, Etc. Occasionally There Is A Fish Kill. These Unfortunate Events Are Unpredictable. It Is Not Advisable To Use The Beach And/or Enter The Water During One Of These Events.
There Are No Animals Onsite. If You Visit The River Beachfront You Will Be Greeted By Our Dog Tatum. We Do Not Permit Animals In The Barn. Service Animals Will Be Permitted & Are Not Considered As Family Animals.
We Are Non-smokers. Smoking Is Not Permitted Anywhere On The Unit.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will offer you printed guide books with promotions for rental homes, dining and activities. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, because this allows vacationers to discover the same attractions at a typically significantly discounted.
- Are the travel dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer great rates on rentals.
- Several property management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning guests to the same rental. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly looking forward to ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer their guests the chance to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Information
You might be surprised to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide painless operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Here are some ideas and tricks to help you navigate the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "Rustic Barn With Neuse River Access ", go through our brief list of considerations.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Pamlico area the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Choose Dates
Begin by deciding which specific area of Pamlico area you prefer to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Confirm that "Rustic Barn With Neuse River Access " suits your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company well before booking an expensive rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
What property features is your group looking for? Do you just desire a home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the rental have bicycles and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Do some members of your group have specific needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your pets. Even though many rentals allow household pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds can be restricted. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies generally have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company may know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Make sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager without delay.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the community. More often than not, nearby households are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a lttle bit. Although you're paying a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in very good condition. Sinks full of pots and pans, substantial sand on the floor and sticky messes should be taken care of prior to leaving.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental sites ask for testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
How did they like the property? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental unit. Otherwise, you have gained useful experience that will help with another search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.6 miles
- Taqueria San Luis - 0.6 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 1.1 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 1.2 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 1.2 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 1.4 miles
- Carolina Grill - 1.5 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 1.5 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.9 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.9 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 3.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 3.2 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 3.3 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.4 miles
- Tryon Palace - 3.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 1.0 miles