- 1 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dishes & Utensils
- Game Room
- Hair Dryer
- Indoor Pool
- Iron & Board
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Pool Table
About this Property
With a stay at this apartment in New Bern, you'll be within a 15-min. drive of Northwest Creek Marina and New Bern-Craven County Convention & Visitors Center. This family-amicable apartment is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from Isaac Taylor Garden and 10.5 mi (16.8 km) from Pepsi Museum.
Make yourself calming in this air-conditioned apartment, including a kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven. There's a private balcony. Free wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include a microwave and a coffee/tea maker, as well as a phone with complimentary local calls.
Practice your swing on the golf course and appreciate other recreational luxuries, such as an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. This apartment also includes complimentary wireless Internet access, an arcade/game room, and a picnic area.
Business, Other Conveniences
Free self parking is available onsite.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus will send printed travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the packed areas and save money? Off-peak times offer up remarkable savings.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning guests of the same property. Make sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically catered to specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Advice
Many people are surprised to discover the number of rental homes can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to select a vacation home that matches their desires and spending budget.
Nearly all rental homes in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to facilitate online marketing, housekeeping and repairs and maintenance.
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Before you start to book "Fairfield Harbourside", read through our brief list of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Pamlico area rentals start booking early. To ensure the very best selection of rental homes, we advise searching and booking your Pamlico area rental home 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. A lot of households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose a Town and Date
Sometimes, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be mindful that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the rate for your preferred stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental fee? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Appropriate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home listings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the crew visiting with a pet dog? Although quite a few vacation homes permit pets or animals, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Study your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
It Is Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the whole agreement and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay local taxes when booking "Fairfield Harbourside", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation rental management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. This may prevent disagreements during check out.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are lived in by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with another search.
- Taqueria San Luis - 3.9 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 4.1 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 4.2 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 4.2 miles
- Carolina Grill - 4.3 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 4.3 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 4.3 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 4.5 miles
- Union Point Park - 5.0 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 0.8 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Battlefield Park - 3.8 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 4.2 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 4.8 miles