- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this renovated 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen supplied with all your needs, a formal dining room and a peaceful living room. There are TVs for your viewing enjoyment and also Wi-Fi available. Adore the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, adore the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with promotions for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your trip week? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for price reductions. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is downtown units with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and locations you are most interested in.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are available in Pamlico area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage marketing and advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think ""traces Of Yesterday" " is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Pamlico area the best rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Many groups decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Begin by picking which particular area of Pamlico area you'd like to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be aware that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain ""traces Of Yesterday" " suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single member of your group must be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental payment? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Special Issues to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a pup? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
A number of internet resources exist to match visitors with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the whole agreement and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary repairs.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call eliminates many complications.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Even if you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home should really be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes ought to be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit customers to offer feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere in regards to your experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Did they like the property? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the property was not quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles