- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this refreshed 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen supplied with all your needs, a formal dining room and a comfortable living room. There are TVs for your viewing comfort and also Wi-Fi available. Appreciate the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, adore the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will offer you guides with deals for vacation rental management companies, dining and attractions. Search for these catalogs and discount books, since this allows visitors to discover those terrific attractions with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak seasons frequently offer amazing rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide discounted rates to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's oceanside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. If there's a certain Pamlico area atteaction that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the chance to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover how many rental homes are available in Pamlico area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable retreat to suit their Pamlico area family, from calm condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping travellers with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, and any routine maintenance issues that may occur.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Before you start to book ""traces Of Yesterday" ", read through our short list of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area vacation rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Many groups choose to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Consensus can be complicated between relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Determine who is traveling, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Remember that that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Spending Limit
Will your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, just one person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you only desire a rental home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Would you like to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are linens included with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Grandparents will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other people in the group visiting with a domestic pet? Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may eliminate a potential rental home. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match guests with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local rental management companies. In addition to offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
When you have found your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking ""traces Of Yesterday" ", along with various other additional fees that may be required depending on their situation, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should disaster strike.
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You will probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any repairs. This can prevent disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a lttle bit. Even if you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation home needs to be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to be certain no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many rental management company sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to solve the issue.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a great rental. Maybe the rental was not ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles