- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this referbished 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen supplied with all your needs, a formal dining room and a peaceful living room. There are TVs for your viewing enjoyment and also Wi-Fi available. Adore the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, adore the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Pamlico area area travel guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. Look for these books and coupon books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the very same terrific attractions with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are your trip dates flexible? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat travelers of the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some rental homes are practically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to find a property that matches their wishes and spending plan.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should search.
Searching for and booking the best rental home:
Before you start to book ""traces Of Yesterday" ", review our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Pamlico area the best rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Pamlico area you would like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
How many family members are joining your getaway? Consider that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Make a Spending Limit
Check to make sure ""traces Of Yesterday" " suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Generally speaking, just one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Do you simply want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental home rate? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Occasionally the elder generation has problems with stairways. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines differ. Be sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Its Time to Search
After the location, time and people are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Contract
Read the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should disaster strike.
Book your Vacation Property
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings. This will protect against conflicts during check out.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Locals should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little bit. Even though you're paying a house cleaning fee, The property should really be in good condition. Sinks full of dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental management company sites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 0.7 miles