- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyTake a step back to the charms of yesterday in this refreshed 1932 2 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow. There is a queen master bedroom and a 2nd bedroom with 2 twin beds. A kitchen supplied with all your needs, a formal dining room and a appealing living room. There are TVs for your viewing enjoyment and also Wi-Fi available. Savor the cool winds and a cold drink on the covered front porch or the outdoor space on the back of the home.
The bungalow has original construction and added decor to bring back fond memories of yesterday when times were simpler and life was slower paced. There are books, puzzles, radio and a great front porch swing to help you relax and forget about today's worries.
Centrally located, the home is blocks away from eateries, groceries, movie theater, hospital and shopping. Historical downtown New Bern is only mins. away where you will find antiques, dining, shopping, Tryon Palace and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola. Also, there are a number of marinas located on the waterfront.
Glenburnie Park is also mins. away. There you can picnic, savor the river vistas or play a round of disc golf. There is also a dog park here for your canine friends.
Atlantic Beach and The NC Aquarium are a 35 min. drive away down Route 70.
If you need additional space, See "Just In The Moment Coastal Cottage" on Vacation Rental By Owner as well. (listing number 361937)
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental properties provide Pamlico area area travel discount books which include deals, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Prefer to avoid the crowds of people and save money? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat guests of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Is there a particular experience you are most getting excited about during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You might be surprised to uncover how many properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to locate a vacation home that meets their desires and price range.
The majority of vacation rentals in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book the best vacation home:
Do you think ""traces Of Yesterday" " is the best rental for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Pamlico area rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Begin by picking which specific area of Pamlico area you'd like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental property
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Determine Your Budget
Will your chosen rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey rental property. Typically, one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and getting each person's share.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family looking for? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air lounge? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of "necessities and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Be sure to include your companion! While a number of rentals permit dogs, rules and costs vary per rental. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Fees may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read The Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Get Contact Information
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any critical repairs.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Be respectful of the local community. Often times, neighboring homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cupboards and wardrobes.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred during your stay. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Many rental home management companies and rental home sites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to solve the situation.
Did they feel about the property? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.0 miles
- La Casetta - 0.2 miles
- Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Thirty Seventh Street Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Sanuki Japanese Steak and Seafood Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Famous Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Friday's 1890 Seafood - 0.5 miles
- Spunky McDoogle's - 0.7 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.8 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 2.3 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 2.3 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 2.5 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 2.6 miles
- Union Point Park - 2.7 miles
- Tryon Palace - 2.1 miles
- New Bern Fabric Center - 0.6 miles