- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHistoric Downtown New Bern condo in the heart of our city. More than fifteen eateries/bars within one block. Specialty present stores, turn of the century Hardware Store, Ladies and Men's clothing stores surround you. One block from the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers at Union Point Park! This condo is a one bedroom, one bath unit decorated including a washer and dryer. The New Ben City Hall is in front of the building as well as the playground and church yard of Christ Episcopal Church.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and vacation homes provide Pamlico area area travel discount catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the local vendor itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several property management companies offer rate reductions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some rentals are essentially designed to serve particular guests, whether it is downtown rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation rentals are offered in Pamlico area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all rental properties in Pamlico area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as routine maintenance problems that may arise.
Here are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you book "Historic Downtown New Bern Condominium-1 Bedroom", go through our short checklist of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Pamlico area the best rental homes are booked very early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your vacation. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plot their Summer vacations..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Consensus can be tough between loved ones, but once this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental
Confirm who is traveling, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Keep in mind that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Does your chosen rental suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, confirm that each party knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your company will have to be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor lounge? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or close to night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home payment? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Grandparents will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other members of the gang visiting with a dog or cat? Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. A number of limitations might dismiss a potential rental. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Remember to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also recommend immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little bit. Even if you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The vacation home should be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with pots and pans, substantial sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. When possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Nearly all rental home websites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward with regards to experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great rental. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to refine your search next time.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.4 miles
- 247 Craven - 0.0 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.0 miles
- The Grill At Prohibition - 0.0 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 0.0 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- MJ's Raw Bar & Grille - 0.1 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 0.1 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 0.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.3 miles
- New Bern City Hall - 0.0 miles