- New Bern
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHistoric Downtown New Bern condo in the heart of our city. More than fifteen eateries/bars within one block. Specialty present stores, turn of the century Hardware Store, Ladies and Men's clothing stores surround you. One block from the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers at Union Point Park! This condo is a one bedroom, one bath unit decorated including a washer and dryer. The New Ben City Hall is in front of the building as well as the playground and church yard of Christ Episcopal Church.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation houses provide Pamlico area area printed travel guides that feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or through a relationship between the property manager and the local itself. Look for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows visitors to experience the same terrific attractions at a quite often considerable discounted.
- Willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak times offer tremendous savings.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most anticipating ? If there's a particular Pamlico area activity you simply love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual property owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
You might be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to assist with advertising and marketing, house cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you start to book "Historic Downtown New Bern Condominium-1 Bedroom", read through our short collection of things to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Pamlico area rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Pamlico area rental Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for family groups to plot their Summer trips..
Choose a Community and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of scheduling your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes easier.
Pick a Size
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Try to remember that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Make sure "Historic Downtown New Bern Condominium-1 Bedroom" fits your budget *during your desired dates*. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents require a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group interested in? Do you primarily desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental fee? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
In some cases the senior generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Animals are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies differ. Many restrictions could eliminate a prospective rental property. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of similar properties that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Total Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you need to Cancel
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Help
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages as soon as you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. This may prevent disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you should note that in your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental? If everything was fantastic, next year's vacation planning will be simple. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- 247 Craven - 0.0 miles
- Beer Army Burger Company - 0.0 miles
- The Grill At Prohibition - 0.0 miles
- Morgan's Tavern & Grill - 0.0 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- MJ's Raw Bar & Grille - 0.1 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 0.1 miles
- Cow CafÃ© - 0.1 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.1 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.2 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 0.2 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.2 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 1.0 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.3 miles
- New Bern City Hall - 0.0 miles