- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyCome stay at your home away from home. We are a ten min. drive from historic Downtown New Bern. This open concept, split floorplan home has plenty of space to spread out. The generous living room has a gas fireplace and a 55 inch Intelligent TV. The screenroom with a table and seating for six overlooks the thoroughly private fenced in yard. You can relax in the climate controlled Carolina Room that has inviting furnishings and a 32 inch TV. Master Bedroom has King Bed with attached bath with shower. The Master also has a 32 inch TV. Bedroom two has a full bed while the 3rd bedroom has a Queen pull out couch and another 32 inch TV. The entirely supplied kitchen has a gargantuan island, four bar stools, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and all the kitchenware you will need to create meals. A gas grille and charcoal grille along with grille tools are there for you on the outdoor space. There is an indoor dining table with seating for six.
If you don't want to prepare at home, Attitudes Bar and Grille and the River Bend Country Club are less than a half mile away. Both have great food. Panachellis pizza is also right here in the neighborhood. You must try the homemade cheese sticks! Many more magnificent eateries and stores are a ten min. drive away in whimsical downtown New Bern.
The River Bend neighborhood is a relaxing wooded getaway with plenty to do. You can golf at the River Bend Country Club. There is a marina and boat launch less than a half mile away. There are walking paths and a playground right at the end of our street. You can take a bicycle ride on the two supplied bicycles.
Come stay in our home for a week or for an even better deal stay for a month
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will send you tourism guide books with promotions for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are your travel dates changeable? The off-peak seasons generally offer amazing rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for discount rates. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. You will definitely get the most value from a home that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover just how many rental homes are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Pamlico area family, from relaxing condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rentals in Pamlico area are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with reserving, check-in, cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to learn that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Finding and booking the right rental property:
Do you believe "COMPLETELY REMODELED 3 BED 2 BATH IN BEAUTIFUL RIVER BEND" is the best rental property for your next visit? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Pamlico area rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Quite often, the most challenging portion of organizing your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simpler.
How Many Beds?
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you need to have. Keep in mind that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the group. Generally rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Does your preferred rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make certain everyone knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Oftentimes the senior generation has problems with stairways. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Many constraints may dismiss a prospective rental home. Study your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
Several internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local companies provide excellent service..
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Total Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental management companies and rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required call the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be valuable.
- If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for shopping?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to provide feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but straightforward with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the problem.
Learn and Improve
How did they feel about the property? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific home away from home. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.7 miles
- Panichellis Pizzeria - 0.6 miles
- Attitudes Pub & Grille - 0.6 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.3 miles
- Village Butcher - 3.5 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 3.6 miles
- Musashi Japanese Steak - 3.7 miles
- Craven Coffee House and Cafe - 3.8 miles
- Wine and Design - 3.8 miles
- Foscue Plantation - 3.8 miles
- Flythe's Bike Shop - 4.7 miles
- Kidsville at Seth West Parrot Park - 4.8 miles