- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room/Equipment
- Game Room
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Spa Whirlpool
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFF Harbour/Windjammer II is located right on the banks of the Neuse River. A Venice-like canal system laces much of this resort community, including the ideal setting for those seeking a calming holiday near the water. The resort offers an outdoor pool, tennis courts, a recreation center with an indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, a miniature golf course, one 18-hole golf course, and boat slips that can handle guest boats up to 60 feet in length. The resort does not offer boat units. Boat units are available in New Bern and Morehead City during the summer months only.
The accommodations are tidy, big, and glamourous, with decks overlooking the lake. Many are so close, in fact, you can fish right from your outdoor space. All units are carpeted and supplied with air-conditioning, phone, and a full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, and washer and dryer. Other in-room comforts include a coffee maker, cable TV, and alarm clock. If you and your family are looking for a peaceful and inviting hideaway, come stay at the Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Harbor. You'll want to return again and again.
Come savor true southern hospitality in a calming and pretty natural setting. There's also much to do and see near Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Harbour. Visit Tryon Palace and Gardens, or the historic Croaton National Forest, the site of a Civil War battle, or see the site that was once a pharmacy where Pepsi Cola was born. Within 12 miles are great shopping, boating, a health club, racquetball, and live entertainment.
Additional costs and taxes apply at the time of check-in.
Additional rules and notices:
No Family Animals. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA/general service animal policy.
No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
The minimum age check-in is 21.
There are stairs going to all units.
Conveniences and area attractions are seasonal.
Confirmation is mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
The earliest you should contact the resort is 2 weeks prior to your check-in date.
Credit card imprint mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
Security deposit mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
Fees or deposits are charged for some luxuries.
Occupancy limits are stringently enforced: Violations could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state, and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or holiday experience.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and vacation houses supply Pamlico area area travel discount catalogs which include offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Look for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a possibly significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many management companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it's beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Give thought to purchasing trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a result of medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Pamlico area area. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to locate a rental home that suits their expectations and spending plan.
Virtually all rentals in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to learn that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful 2 bedroom unit at resort, sleeps 6", review our short collection of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area vacation rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Choose a Town and Date
Agreement can often be challenging between members of the family, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a pricey rental property. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Create a list of "Wants" and "Needs"
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental with open-air lounge? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your best friend! While a number of rentals allow animals, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds can be limited. Study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Several websites exist to match renters with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having distinctive properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of similar properties that suit your wishes and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Go Through The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, guests will have to pay local taxes when booking "Beautiful 2 bedroom unit at resort, sleeps 6", along with various other additional fees which might be required based upon their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental home management companies and property owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear immediately after you arrive. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding properties are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the rental property to make certain you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to provide reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation rental. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 4.6 miles
- Carolina Grill - 4.8 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 4.8 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 4.9 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 4.9 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 4.9 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 4.9 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.7 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.8 miles
- New Bern Convention Center - 4.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 5.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 5.0 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 0.5 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 3.2 miles
- Galley Stores & Marina - 4.7 miles