- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Communal Pool
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Game Room
- Hot Tub
- Washing Machine
About this Property
FF HARBOUR/WINDJAMMER II is located right on the banks of the Neuse River. A Venice-like canal system laces much of this resort community, including the ideal setting for those seeking a peaceful holiday near the water. The resort offers an outdoor pool, tennis courts, a recreation center with an indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, a miniature golf course, one 18-hole golf course, and boat slips that can handle guest boats up to 60 feet in length. The resort does not offer boat units. Boat units are available in New Bern and Morehead City during summer months only.
The accomodations are tidy, enormous, and Striking, with decks overlooking the lake. Many are so close, in fact, you can fish right from your outdoor space. All units are carpeted and supplied with air-conditioning, phone, and a full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, and washer and dryer. Other in-room amenties include a coffee maker, cable TV, and alarm clock. If you and your family are looking for a peaceful and calming hideaway, come stay at the Wyndam Resort at Fairfield Harbor. You'll want to return again and again.
Come relish true southern hospitality in a calming and pretty natural setting. There's also much to do and see near Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Harbour. Visit Tryon Palace and Gardens, or the historic Croaton National Forest, the site of a Civil War battle, or see the site that was once a pharmacy where Pepsi Cola was born. Within 12 miles is great shopping, boating, a health club, racquetball, and live entertainment.
Additional costs and taxes apply at time of check in:
"Housekeeping fee for all RCI points reservations: There may be a fee of 75.00 U.S. dollars for all units, per stay. Cash or Credit is accepted."
Additional rules and notices:
No Family Animals. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA/general service animal policy.
No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
Minimum age check-in is 21.
This resort pledges to comply with ‘Timeshare Safe Welcome’, ARDA’s recommended Industry Guidance to promote health and safety in the Timeshare Industry. Visit www.ARDA.org for complete details.
Prior to travel, RCI recommends contacting your host resort as well as local, state and federal websites for advisories that may impact your travel or holiday experience.
There are stairs going to all units.
Credit card imprint mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
Security deposit mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.
Fees or deposits are charged for some luxuries.
Occupancy limits are stringently enforced: Violations could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
Conveniences and area attractions are seasonal.
Confirmation is mandatory upon check-in at the resort.
The earliest you should contact the resort is 2 weeks prior to your check-in date.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Pamlico area area travel discount guides which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and coupon books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the same wonderful attractions at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your travel week? Off-peak times offer substantial savings.
- A number of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning individuals to the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are often times shocked at the number and wide range of short-term vacation rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Pamlico area gang, from low-noise condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Pamlico area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Beautiful 2 bedroom unit at resort, sleeps 6", review our brief collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Pamlico area vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough between members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Bear in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Does your selected vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your family will have to be responsible for collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Are you looking for a rental with outside lounge? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do individual people in your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best possibility of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Read the full agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find property damage, or if repairs are required get in touch with the home manager straight away. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.
- Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant - 4.6 miles
- Carolina Grill - 4.8 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 4.8 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 4.9 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 4.9 miles
- Mama Callie's Louisiana Seafood - 4.9 miles
- Trent River Coffee Company - 4.9 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.7 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.8 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.8 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 5.0 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 5.0 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 0.5 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 3.2 miles
- Galley Stores & Marina - 4.7 miles