- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Beach Chairs
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyGrand colonial style apartment in the historic district of New Bern. Wood floors all over, entirely decorated, full kitchen, on street parking, two enormous bedrooms and 1.5 baths.
Fireplace in living room and master bedroom (decorative only), modest fenced in yard. Central heat and air-conditioning.
About a five min. walk to alluring tree-lined downtown area with many stores and eateries. About a two min. walk to historical Tryon Palace, the first governors mansion and government center of North Carolina. You can also walk out the door and Directly into the historical residential area of the town, with many homes dating back to the colonial era. It’s also about a 10-15 min. walk to the towns Riverwalk along the Trent River.
New Bern is the setting for the Nicholas Sparks novel The Note rent and the birthplace of Pepsi Cola! Adore!
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will offer you printed guides with deals for rental properties, dining and attractions. Look for these magazines and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to experience the same wonderful activities at a often considerable discounted.
- Willing to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak pricing.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several management companies offer special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most looking forward to during your stay? If there's a certain Pamlico area atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer guests an opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to accommodate their Pamlico area crew, from restful condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Owners typically select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, housekeeping and repairs and maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Before you decide to book "Charming colonial in heart of historic downtown", go through our short list of factors to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Pamlico area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can often be complicated between loved ones, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will begin to drop in place.
Just How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Many rental properties are advertised with a cost range. Determine the price for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that everybody understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. One member of your family needs to be given the task of getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental rate? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Issues to consider
Proper access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Think About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
After the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Pamlico area local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide you with outstanding service..
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read the complete contract and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, vacationers will need to pay state taxes when booking "Charming colonial in heart of historic downtown", as well as various other fees which may be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any repairs.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. Residents probably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Even when you're paying a house cleaning fee, The rental home really should be in good shape. Sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many rental websites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Property owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but completely honest with regards to your rental experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to re-book next year? Hopefully everything ended up being perfect and you're happy to reserve the rental home for your next vacation. Maybe the rental home wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 1.8 miles
- The Country Biscuit Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Savage's Wood Burning Pizzeria - 0.3 miles
- Ghent Sandwich Shop - 0.4 miles
- Stingray CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Lawson's Landing CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Aperitivo - 0.4 miles
- Bay Leaf Indian Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 0.5 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 0.5 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 0.7 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 0.7 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 0.8 miles
- Union Point Park - 0.8 miles
- Tryon Palace - 0.3 miles
- New Bern Arts & Wellness Center - 0.1 miles