- New Bern
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Dining Area
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hot Tub
- Ice Maker
- Indoor Pool
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Paper Towels
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Toilet Paper
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Windjammer Villas I units are elegantly located surrounding Forest Lake, one of three man-made lakes on the resort. Sit back and adore the natural beauty, and watch the feathered friends from the screened-porch or outdoor space. These units are within a 5 min. walk to the Northwest Creek Marina and the Broad Creek Recreation Center. Windjammer Villas condominiums offer privacy for four, while accommodating up to six visitors.
This two bedroom unit includes a queen bed in one bedroom, and two twin beds in the other bedroom. The units feature a full kitchen with service for six, dishwasher, microwave, washer & dryer, two full baths, and three TVs and a hottub. This single level unit makes it simple for everybody to move about freely. These handsome condominiums feature all of the amenities of home in a great setting. This is a terrific choice for a family holiday.
For your comfort, our visitors have a complementary membership for the duration of their stay at the Broad Creek Recreation Center, which is just a mile from this resort. Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Harbour/Windjammer Villas, located on the Neuse River, offers two outdoor pools, 11 tennis courts (four are lighted), a recreation center with an indoor pool, a miniature golf course, one 18-hole golf courses, a whirlpool, and boat slips which can accommodate boats up to 60 feet in length. Rental boats are available in New Bern. The recreation center was impacted by Hurricane Florence and will reopen in April 2019.
All of our resorts have complementary items such as dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, bathroom tissue and soap to help you appreciate your stay.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and rental homes supply Pamlico area area travel guides which include coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Just want to steer clear of the crowds and get a better price? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for financial savings. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve specific guests, whether it's downtown homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Pamlico area activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and selection of weekly vacation rentals available in the Pamlico area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Pamlico area crew, from quiet condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically select management companies to facilitate advertising, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
Seasoned Pamlico area vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be happy to realize that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Before you book "2 bedroom lakefront condo with WI-FI and Recreation Center membership included", go through our short list of considerations.
Begin Your Search Early
Pamlico area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by choosing which particular area of Pamlico area you would like to explore, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Beds?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Be aware that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Have a Spending Limit
Many vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred trip. It might be at the top end of the range. If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure everyone understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What home features is your group looking for? Is a screened deck a requirement? Will the unit need to be beach front, in town, or near night life? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Special Things to consider
Often times the older generation has trouble with staircases. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Be sure to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be restricted. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
It Is Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Pamlico area local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are required call the rental manager immediately. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Clean up a little. Even though you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental really should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks full of pots and pans, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully everything turned out to be wonderful and you're all set to reserve the same property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to perfect your search next time.
- Taqueria San Luis - 3.9 miles
- Sugarplum Bakery - 4.1 miles
- Franco's Pizza - 4.2 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 4.3 miles
- Carolina Grill - 4.3 miles
- Golden China Restaurant - 4.4 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 4.4 miles
- Osaka Express Grill - 4.5 miles
- Stillwater Kayaks - 0.8 miles
- The Hurricane - 0.9 miles
- Latham Whitehurst Nature Park - 2.8 miles
- New Bern Battlefield Park - 3.9 miles
- BrÃœtopia - 4.3 miles
- Triple Play Restaurant and Sports Bar - 4.4 miles
- Creekside Park - 4.4 miles